Friday, February 03, 2006

Lukewarm Chocolate

I was a doddler this morning and had neither the time nor desire to eat breakfast before I left for work. Around 10:00 am I started feeling kind of rumbly and ready for some sustenance, so on my way back from getting the daily mail, I stopped in at the local coffee shop to buy a bite of breakfast.
I ordered a carrot bran muffin and a kid's size hot chocolate to go. The muffin was handed to me promptly in a little paper bag and I was told my hot chocolate would be right up.
They lied.
I sat in the cafe for a long little while, and I saw many other people who ordered drinks after me being served before I was. Oh, the injustice! So I walked up to the counter and politely asked, "Is my hot chocolate still on its way?"
And the owner scowled at me and nodded and then moments later handed me a lukewarm cup of hot chocolate and he didn't even offer to put whipped cream on it. That is just criminal.
So I walked back to the church and nuked my hot chocolate in the microwave, cursing the lack of whipped cream (I didn't want to look like a gluttonous nuisance and beg him to pour some MORE calories into my drink).
It's a rough life.

Amanda Brown at 11:35 AM

6comments

6 Comments

at 12:06 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

That is annoying. I hate drinks that aren't hot. Then you just chug them!! And no whip cream. That's a crime!

 
at 12:12 PM Blogger Andy Wouda said...

And I tell people that the beanery is a great place! It was at the beanery right?

 
at 12:41 PM Blogger Jen said...

What an outrage! You pay an arm and a leg for those drinks at coffee shops- you should get ATLEAST a warm drink with a swirl of whipped cream.

 
at 1:56 PM Blogger Angella said...

While I think that the "kids" hot chocolate is not scalding hot on purpose, they could obviously tell that you aren't 5 years old. And that your beauty alone deserved an offer of whipped cream :)

 
at 2:59 PM Blogger Will said...

that's pure savagery. I'm sorry.

 
at 5:34 PM Blogger Kaili said...

No whip cream? That sucks! The muffin sounded yummy though! mmmm...food...Silly pregnant Mama's hey?

 

Post a Comment