Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Call A Plumber

Yesterday afternoon I was craving something sweet, so while I was out getting the mail I ducked into the local grocery store and was on the hunt for something tasty. I isolated my craving and decided I just needed some sugar. Not chocolate, not a cookie, but something like licorice or jelly beans or gummy bears. But then I started feeling bad. "Really, are gummy bears the wisest mid-afternoon snack for a pregnant woman? I should buy a banana or a head of romaine lettuce or something."
So, I compromised.
I found some sugar free jelly beans.
The best of both worlds, right? Empty calories, just not as many of them as regular jelly beans. So, I scarfed the little bag down and was feeling quite sated.
Then the gut twisting started.
I should have looked a little more closely at the label of those jelly beans, because I think they were made with the same artificial sweetener that's used in the dreaded crystal light slurpee. Seriously. There was some trouble down under. I had the most painful bloating and cramps and then, you know, the expulsion began. Not cool.
My discomfort lasted all night and I felt truly awful.
Never again.
And I really do mean that.

Amanda Brown at 10:49 AM

2comments

2 Comments

at 2:11 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Poor Amanda. I'm gonna hold you to that "never again" all right.

 
at 2:57 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's that darn aspartame. I've heard it's a diarrhetic. Thy mystery is solved?! Now the question is what are you going to do without oh so tasty sweets.
Love ya, Pistin

 

Post a Comment