Monday, January 30, 2006

My Anatomy is Grey



I am sure that come each Monday morning there are thousands of bored women bloggers who post about watching Grey's Anatomy the night before. They must gush about how dreamy Dr. McDreamy truly is, and how they are rooting for him and Meredith to get back together. They must rant about how Berg and Christina are so mismatched but so perfect for one another and how George is like a clumsy little puppy and how Izzy is so beautiful and isn't it so great that she actually has a bum?
I am one such woman.
I know, I know, the show is meaningless drivel filled with nothing but complicated relationships and dramatic flares. But it gets me every time. I cry almost every week. Whether it's about two people who are impaled together on a pole after a train crash and one has to die and the other gets to survive, or whether I am weeping for a tender moment shared by two emotionally wounded doctors...I am in love with this show.
Call it what you will: a waste of time, a mind pollutant, an addiction...I care not. Sunday nights have become a sacred time for the ladies of Summerland who gather round the hum of the television set to immerse ourselves in the world of this grey, grey anatomy.
Don't judge me.

Amanda Brown at 2:18 PM

10comments

10 Comments

at 3:15 PM Blogger Adele said...

How could I judge when I have become equally as addicted and enmeshed in this world. I look forward to my weekly dose of Dr McDreamy

 
at 3:32 PM Blogger Angella said...

Oh, McDreamy. And the rest of the cast are pretty cool. As is the company I watch the show with ;)

 
at 3:47 PM Blogger Jen said...

I must admit, I too am hooked. A tear (or two) is usually shed. Add it to my list of can't-be-missed tv shows!

 
at 3:56 PM Blogger Will said...

don't be ashamed of blogging about your favorite shows, there's a reason that so many people do it....it's fun to do. If I weren't such a snob I'd blog about how I watched the History Channel documentary on Canibals but it was pretty gross.

 
at 4:21 PM Blogger shareen said...

I love it too...and it's Craig's favorite show so I don't have to feel bad about hogging the TV.

Yesterday, when sitting on the couch with Megan we were looking at a magazine there was a picture of a dog and she said, "puppy!...Lolo?" So rest assured. You guys...or at least your dog...are missed by that little girl.

 
at 5:19 PM Blogger Isabella said...

I don't get the addiction to Grey's Anatomy. It's just not fun to me, but I am addicted to several other shows, so I hear you on the tv addiction. It's cathartic to cry for other people, even if they aren't real!

 
at 5:43 PM Blogger nelly said...

I did see it yesterday with Shareen and I did cry when she was in the closet crying for her lonely mom. yes...
McDreamy. sweet sweet McDreamy.
But George is pretty cute too.

 
at 5:45 PM Blogger nelly said...

That last comment was me(Christy).
Funny cuz I was gonna post about Grey's anatomy as well today.
Me likey.

 
at 7:00 PM Blogger Heidi said...

I have to say I haven't missed an episode yet and am rooting for Meredith and McDreamy to finally get together. It is definately the best show of the season.

 
at 12:13 PM Blogger Vicki said...

I love this show, too. I am so happy there are other Summerland women enjoying my new favourite show. I just can't see George and Meredith together. I like George, but I am just NOT rooting for hime to get the girl. Usually I'm all for the sweet underdog.

 

Post a Comment