Saturday, January 28, 2006

Prophetic?

Last night I had a dream that we had a baby girl and Steve said that I could name her Anneliese. I said, "I don't want to name her that if you really hate it."
But he said, "After seeing how much you love it, I love it too."
Aww.
What am I to make of pregnancy dreams? I while back I dreamed that there was a long and lanky boy, a midget girl, and a dog in my womb. Maybe we're having twins after all. Steve's dad is a twin, and apparently the gene is passed on the father's side, so who knows? If we are having twins that would explain my connection both to the name Anneliese and my disturbing affinity for sweater vests. Imagine if there's really two babies in there! Instant family! Boom! We'd be done. (Probably. Unless it was two boys, in which case I would try again for my Anneliese.)
We've booked our ultrasound for February 18th, at which time we should find out the sex of the baby, and just confirm that there's only one child in me. That's in less than a month! This is all happening so fast!
Last night I was at a candle party and there was a lady there who was 5 months pregnant and she had a very distinct pregnant belly and said she started to show around four months. Being surrounded by skinny-minny friends has made me feel extra blimpy, but seeing a fellow pregnant lady was reassuring. She was big AND beautiful at the same time.
I find it interesting how we live in a culture that idolizes thinness, but for this time in a woman's life she gets an exemption from the expectations. Of course there's pressure to not gain too much weight, too look as stunning as all of the pregnant celebrities, and to lose all your baby weight three hours after you push the kid out.
All I'm saying is that it's nice, for once, to not have to suck my tummy in. I can breathe easy and let it stick out a bit and be thankful for the blessing of life inside of me.

Amanda Brown at 5:44 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 6:46 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Amanda,
I found your blog!
You are a beautiful pregnant Mama! Don't worry about your weight during your pregnancy, enjoy being this close to your child as it'll be the only time you share such a bond. Enjoy being pregnant, as it sounds like you have an awesome pregnancy so far. Lucky Duck!
Thank you very much for the walk today, it was nice talking with someone going through the same changes becoming a Mommy. :)

 
at 10:01 PM Blogger Isabella said...

Amen and Amen. I think God knew the pressure of looking thin would be too much and he gave us a time out! You look beautiful, as everyone says. I just hope you believe it cuz what you think is really all that matters.

 
at 10:40 AM Blogger Mama Bear said...

I hate to break it to you, but the twin gene has been given to me. I asked grandma brown years ago if i could have it and she said yes. But i guess if you REALLY wanted it, i could maybe SELL it to you for like.....$500,000. Or best offer. ;)

 

Post a Comment