Friday, January 27, 2006

She's Gonna Blow!

I have heard people say that a pregnant belly will suddenly "pop" out and one morning you'll wake up looking much more with child than you did the day before. I think that this has been the week of said popping.
For the past few weeks I have occasionally been wearing maternity pants since they are less constricting and more comfortable, and I would just pair them with one of my regular shirts. But this week, those same shirt from my old wardrobe simple are not doing the trick. They have become too short, too tight, too sausage-linky to wear.
So I dug out some of the maternity shirts I had accumulated from friends and the few I had already bought. I am not totally filling them out yet, but it's nice to wear something that's long enough to cover the maternity panel on my pants, and loose enough to gently flow over my blossoming belly.
I know that the novelty of these clothes will soon wear off and I will get so tired of putting forth effort to look good when I am a whale that I wil buy one of those huge muu muus and I'll be asked to leave work and change into something more appropriate for the office, then I'll burst into tears because I'm so hideous and will drive home and pull out a bag of double stuffed oreos and eat them while watching Starting Over in my muu muu.
But for now the shirts are kind of fun. I am actually starting to look a little pregnant (I'm 4 months this weekend! Almost halfway done already!).
Again, since Steve thiefed the camera I can't show you what my bumpy tummy looks like, but stay tuned. Oh, and our couches are coming today. Exciting times.
New furniture and a rounded gut.
I lead a thrilling life.

Amanda Brown at 8:43 AM

5comments

5 Comments

at 9:01 AM Blogger Jen said...

Exciting times!

Confession- the other day I actually TAPED Starting Over because I didn't want to miss Christina's graduation and I had to go. I think I've hit an all time low. ;(

 
at 9:26 AM Blogger Heidi said...

It is exciting with your first baby to finally be in maternity clothes. It makes you feel pregnant and not just fat. By the third one mat clothes are a must much earlier and the novelty does wear off somewhat. I am sure you would be radiant even in a mumu.

 
at 11:58 AM Blogger Angella said...

I have NO IDEA what Starting Over is?

And your life will only get more exciting: poop, barf & no sleep.

And a beautiful Baby Brown

 
at 2:34 PM Blogger Isabella said...

Is that your belly in the green shirt on Adele's blog? Absolutely adorable, (and if it isn't you, that is someone else's absolutely adorable belly).

 
at 2:42 PM Blogger Amanda Brown said...

Yes, that is my belly in the picture. Although I think the girth can be attributed to the platter of nachos I inhaled. :)

 

Post a Comment