Thursday, January 19, 2006

I Feel Like I Got Asked to Sit at the Cool Kids' Table.

Last week was National De-Lurking Week, a time when readers who secretly browse blogs are encouraged to come out of hiding and comment to make themselves known.
I mustered the guts to comment on this one blog that I have been reading on a daily basis. The writer of this blog, Leah, is an exceptionally talented writer and photographer, and if it weren't for her I would never have even known what a blog was. You see, about a year ago I was doing a search on Google for something and I accidentally ended up on her site. I had never seen something like it before...her wit was impressive, her candid nature was endearing, her life was intriguing. I read all of her archives and watched her go through the transitions of being in love, having her heart trampled on, finding herself, and meeting her soulmate.
I also found some other great blogs on her list of links and have fostered several addictions thanks to her site.
Anyways, I posted a comment on Leah's blog and came out of the lurking closet. I felt like a bit of a nerd, saying something like "Golly, I think your blog is neat." I didn't think that Leah would think much of my comment, since she is so high on the blogging food-chain. But today I checked my comments and there was one from her! And from one of her friends!
People, these are famous bloggers! And they know who I am.
And now they are quite possibly reading this very post and realizing what a nerd I truly am that I would gush about them like this and they'll never return. I hope that's not the case.
Regardless, I am honoured that they were at one time present on this little blog of mine.

Amanda Brown at 9:40 AM

9comments

9 Comments

at 10:42 AM Blogger Lisa said...

Okay, I'm going to come out of the blogging closet. I'm a friend of Karen Bond, known her since we were 4, back when we were Karen Peters and Lisa Ryll, and I confess, because of her blog links I now read yours daily. Every day. In fact, I look forward to it. You can check out my blog today to get a real feel for how much I appreciate your posts! Have a great day!

 
at 11:10 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

You're the most famous blogger I know!

 
at 11:47 AM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

Amanda, I have a confession to make. I READ YOUR BLOG EVERY SINGLE DAY. If not every single hour. Just thought you should know..as if you didn't already.

 
at 12:05 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, we're all nerds here; welcome to the club!

p.s. Me = so not famous.

 
at 12:18 PM Blogger Will said...

I'm only popular on the internet. Leah's way cooler than me but has stolen from my home, so watch your stuff.

 
at 12:23 PM Blogger Lindsay said...

you probably won't remember me, but I went to Rosewood with you. I happened on your blog while visiting a mutual friend Jordans blog. Its always interesting seeing where people show up. SO i've come out of the blogging closet and you now realize i check your blog.

 
at 12:53 PM Blogger Angella said...

I feel so honoured to be friends with you, my beautiful, nerdy, famous blogging buddy!

 
at 1:44 PM Blogger karen said...

While we're confessing.... I also check your blog every day (sometimes more than once), and LOVE it!!! You get more comments than anyone I know! How cool. :)

 
at 11:46 AM Blogger Heidi said...

You are one of the most popular bloggers I know, and I also check your blog at least once a day. You are becoming so famous!!!

 

Post a Comment