Thursday, January 12, 2006

You Know What's Good?


Jolly Ranchers are good. I hadn't had one of those hard, tangy candies in over a decade, but was given a box of them at Christmas and have been popping them back all morning. The flavour reminds me of grade 7 when we'd march down to the Esso gas station at lunch hour and blow our allowance on candies like Jolly Ranchers, Tart 'n' Tiny's, Blue Whales, Gobstoppers, and Screaming Saucers (the ones that turned your mouth a violent shade of blue). It was a statement of your independance to have candy in your possession. It said, "I have money and I will spend it as I please. I have the power. And no, you may not have one of my candies. Get yer own." I liked the feeling.
We had a change jar in our cupboard when I was young, and I would raid it every so often, discreetly taking only the quarters and loonies, so I could buy candy.
We weren't allowed to eat candy on the school yard premises, but me and my friends were little rebels and we'd chow down at the far end of the baseball diamond almost every day. One time a particularly horrid teacher found us and confiscated our loot then dumped it all on the ground and stepped on it. What a gershwald!
Anyways, that's my thought for the day: I like me some Jolly Ranchers. And no, you can't have one.

Amanda Brown at 11:17 AM

8comments

8 Comments

at 1:16 PM Blogger Angella said...

Would you swap me a Jolly Rancher for a bun? With butter?

 
at 1:30 PM Blogger Amanda Brown said...

Ang, what a silly question. I would need TWO BUNS with butter for one jolly rancher. But yes, I would be open to negotiations. :)

 
at 3:17 PM Blogger Isabella said...

You know what else is good, EASTER CREAM EGGS, (and they're already out here!). Yay for yummy candy!

 
at 3:26 PM Blogger April said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at 3:27 PM Blogger April said...

I've been smackin' on JR's today too. Kevs & I each got an assorted pack for Christmas. You know, the ones that are in the packages like excel gum that have the new blue raspberry flavor? Yum. It makes me wish I had a Diet Pepsi to wash them down with.

 
at 3:28 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Nothin beats the mini eggs. Or lindor chocolate.

 
at 5:18 PM Blogger Vicki said...

I haven't had a jolly rancher in years, but I have had a lot of Mentos. YUM!

 
at 7:44 PM Blogger D said...

You guys have candy left from Christmas? It's almost been a month! Come on!!!

Amanda, your blogs are always so cute. No wonder Christy likes you so much.

 

Post a Comment