Thursday, January 05, 2006

Steamed

I had been chilly all day yesterday, so when we got home from our lovely dinner with Jen and Jordan, I decided to hop in the shower and get warmed up. I had been in for about 10 minutes and was on to the leg-shaving portion of my shower (it had been about a month since I last included this portion in my showers and Steve had been complaining about my cactus stumps) in which I stand at the far end of the tub to prop my leg up on the ledge of the tub, away from the stream of the showerhead. It was then that I heard Steve come into the bathroom and before I knew it, he had hucked a big cup of ice-cold water over the shower curtain. It missed me, because he didn't know I was at the other end of the tub.
I was still really mad, though. He knows how much I love my hot showers. But he thinks that I make my showers too hot and that it's not good to deep fry myself with the scalding water.
I hollered, "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"
He laughed and said that he was just trying to make sure my shower wasn't too hot. "Did I get you good?" he asked.
Then I opened my big fat mouth and said, "Ha! You didn't even reach me! I was at the other end of the tub, sucka!"
He left the bathroom and I resumed my leg shaving.
Seconds later I hear quiet footsteps on the tile and before I know it I am soaked with freezing water. Steve had refilled his cup and hurled the water over right onto my head.
I was so shocked by the chill of the water, and by the gall he had to try to soak me a second time that I lost it and bellowed a really mean name at him then proceeded to chuck my razor over the shower curtain as hard as I could. I was like a caged animal and I had to retaliate. I was so MAD.
I think it's the pregnancy hormones that made me overreact, but Steve slinked away and said, "I thought it would be funny. Then a razor whizzed past my head like a ninja star and I feared for my life."
I stayed in the HOT shower for a few more minutes, stewing about how he shouldn't have thrown the cold water on me. But I felt bad about the mean name I called him, and that I almost decapitated him with my razor.
I got out and said sorry, and so did he.
Good times.

Amanda Brown at 9:38 AM

4comments

4 Comments

at 10:01 AM Blogger Elizabeth said...

I used to take hot showers when I was prego, too. I learned my lesson one morning when I hopped in to relax abd get ready for my day and ended up nearly blacking out and falling in the tub. Just be careful that you have food in your system before you expose yourself to super hot water, 'kay? It was scary.
~Elizabeth

 
at 10:09 AM Blogger Isabella said...

Rmember the great SNL sketch with Molly Shannon and Anna Gasteyer, (or however you spell it). Good times, good times. Yes that caller was nice. Good times.

 
at 10:17 AM Blogger Angella said...

Matthew's the one who likes the scalding showers...and I'm the one who has thrown a cup of cold water...hee hee hee

 
at 2:08 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

Amanda, I would totally react the same way, I'm sure. Brad knows that if he shocks me..like breaking really hard in the car all of a sudden, I get really mad and get this fiery look in my eyes. he laughs everytime. I think it's horrible. I hope I never have to experience the cold water or else I will definitely be screraming some things that I regret!!

 

Post a Comment