Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Juicy

I have been drinking diet beverages since I was a young preteen, in an attempt to get skinny. It worked for a few years, but then the bum-chub came back and all I was left with was an aspartame addiction. I had basically given up real fruit juices and high sugar drinks, since my reasoning tells me it's better to spend 200 calories on a chocolate bar rather than a glass of OJ.
Since I've been pregnant I have been trying to cut out aspartame (I've caved a few times and slugged back an ice-cold diet coke) just to be safe, and have been trying to drink more water. Water is fine. But sometimes I need flavah! So I've been drinking real fruit juices. And they are YUMMY.
My favourite is pure Welch's grape juice. So tangy and zippy and high in vitamin C. I also like the Strawberry Banana fruit + veggie drinks.
I LIKE JUICE.
Now that I've sipped the delicious real fruity goodness of unartificially sweetened drinks, I don't know if I'll be able to go back to the world of aspartame and splenda.
Actually, that is a lie.
I know I'll go back.
And what a delightful return it shall be.

Amanda Brown at 3:21 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 5:51 PM Blogger Becky said...

I'm not a fan of the aspartame. It's gross. It's a good thing I'm not a huge fan of fizzy pops altogether. I've been trying to drink more water, but sometimes it's just too boring. Good luck with the attempts to stay healthy for the little brownie!

 
at 5:54 PM Blogger Sarah said...

man I tired to drink only water and milk once...yeah it lasted for about a week! I don't drink pop at school or juice just cause tea and water are so much cheaper but since being home I'm slugging back the diet coke's like no tomorrow!

 
at 8:27 PM Blogger Isabella said...

Another really good fruit juice is the Crystal Light ones. They can be made a jug at a time or they have the individuals that you can shake into your bottled water. I fell in love with them while I was preggo. Still drink them today!

 

Post a Comment