Monday, December 26, 2005

And To All A Good Night

Hard to believe that Christmas is over already. It always seems to quietly sneak up, then pass just as discreetly and before you know it, it's Boxing Day and you're standing in a mile-long line at a department store and you don't remember how you got there.
Our Christmas has been a good one: full of family and friends. It's been a joy to have my parents here visiting from the prairies and having my mom spoil me. I would go down for a short nap and wake up to a clean kitchen and a casserole in the oven. Such a treat.
We spent Christmas Eve and morning with my parents and Steve's mom and brother and sisters, along with some other great friends, chowing down on way too many appetizers (I think I OD'd on those dang mozza sticks again!) and visiting. Then Christmas morning came and we all got way too many presents. After that we all had a lovely brunch together then we all passed out for some afternoon naps. My kind of day!
In the evening we went over to Steve's Dad's for dinner and it was a delicious meal shared with great company.
I have enjoyed the break and the chance to relax.

My dad has been filling his hollow leg with baked goods. It's really too bad that I inherited his sweet tooth but not his athleticism. See, he's been running every day that he's been here (once he went to the top of Giant's Head mountain...the man is crazy), so I guess his indulgences are warranted. Mine on the other hand, are beginning to catch up with me.
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Amanda Brown at 5:41 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 11:07 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you had a restful and enjoyable holiday, Amanda. Especially the "restful" part - you deserve it (and so does your little growing baby). See ya and God bless you both. You are a very special couple. Love, Pam

 
at 8:04 PM Blogger Angella said...

Feels like I haven't seen you in WEEKS! Glad that you're having a wonderful time with your parentals :)

 
at 10:49 PM Blogger Becky said...

I think that now that you are eating for two, your indulgencies are excused.

 

Post a Comment