Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Opposing Censorship

I was talking with a good friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, and she was telling me that her mom reads my blog and told her that she thinks "Amanda sure writes about disgusting things! I can't believe she has the guts to post all that sick stuff on the internet! Egads!"
I laughed, but for a moment I second guessed myself. Am I a weirdo for writing about dandruff and boobs and peeing in cups, and how my dog rolls in dead fish carcasses? I know that this stuff can be interpreted as "gross", but I think they are the things that unite us as humans and make life funny. Everyone toots. Everyone's toots smell rank from time to time. It's funny.
I know there is a line, though. And there is a place for sensitivity and politeness.
I guess this blog just is not that kind of place. :)

Amanda Brown at 3:06 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 3:26 PM Blogger wandi said...

Amanda, I think your blog is funny and real. You're right, every one does toot, and all the rest.... Besides, it's your blog and the beauty of that is you get to write what you want. You aren't forcing that person, or any one else to read it. If people are offended then they can choose not to read. Right! As for me I choose to read your blog about tooting, and peeing in a cup.;)

 
at 3:49 PM Blogger Mama Bear said...

there are moments when i'm like "wow, amanda sure is open about her bodily functions"...but it still makes me laugh.

Tho, i'm not sure what grandma brown would say if she read it. So let's just not tell her.

i think the comments about farts and peeing in cups is pretty normal. Tho, i work in a hospital, so i guess that makes sense.

 
at 4:18 PM Blogger Angella said...

rank from time to time? mime are rank ALL THE TIME
:)

 
at 10:30 PM Blogger Becky said...

I like your uncensored blog. You say what everyone else is thinking. I think the pregnancy talk is cute, good to know what to look forward to someday!

 
at 9:46 PM Blogger D said...

It's awesome. I have to check your blog everyday. Mine are superstinky right now for some reason.

 

Post a Comment