Monday, December 19, 2005

Snowflakes Keep Falling From My Scalp

I am not usually a dandruff sufferer. My scalp tends to be healthy, and neither too oily nor too dry. But in the past few days I have been finding some flakes in my hair.
Flakes of my scalp.
That are as big as my pinky fingernail.
I am molting.
It's really weird and pretty disgusting, as the majority of the big flakes were in my part and quite difficult to conceal.
I was standing at the bathroom mirror yesterday morning, hunched over the sink with a pair of tweezers, attepmting to extract the thick flakes of sluffed-off scalp from my head and I called Jen over from the living room.
"Is dandruff common when you're pregnant?" I inquired as she walked nearer.
"Well, dry skin is common, and I guess it could happen on your scalp," she answered.
Then she reached the bathroom and saw the chunks of head I was pulling out of my hair and her eyes widened, "I have never seen something like that before. I don't think you can blame that on pregnancy. You are simply a monstrosity."
Then she kicked me.
In the head.
And the flakes fell to the ground like a gentle snowfall.

Amanda Brown at 9:56 AM

2comments

2 Comments

at 10:21 AM Blogger Jen said...

Hahaha. That's exactly how it happened.

 
at 1:01 PM Blogger Angella said...

At least you can blame it on pregnancy. I have no excuse for my flakes. Other than maybe bad genes.
:)

 

Post a Comment