Wednesday, December 07, 2005

There is a Brownie That I Love

It's no secret that I have a sweet tooth. Some might argue that I have more than one, actually. Regardless, I am always on the look-out for new and delicious recipes for cookies, cakes, squares and brownies. Then I heard about this one special brownie recipe.
A few of my friends had tried it with delightful results. When I heard of the ingredients, I was a little taken aback, but the method of combining said ingredients was what really caught me off-guard. I decided to give it a whirl though, and see what came of it.
Talk about fun in the kitchen! Steve helped out, and proved to be an integral part of the method. And what success we experienced!
Our little junior brownie has been in the oven for almost 9 weeks already and we are anticipating its sweet date of completion. It's a long time to wait, but we are thrilled!
Here is a photo of said junior brownie at 8 weeks, tucked away in my rolly-polly tummy for the time being. We were originally going to wait until I was out of the first trimester before we shared our exciting news, but my mouth is the size of a whale and I couldn't keep the excitement bottled up. "Hey, mom! I'm three minutes pregnant!" I always have been terrible at surprises, so what did you really expect?
We are so excited about this new life, this new soul, and our days are filled with prayers for its safety and growth. What a miracle. There is fear of the unknown, of the potential for loss, but this is the essence of life and all we can do is embrace every moment we are blessed with.

Amanda Brown at 6:17 PM

16comments

16 Comments

at 10:32 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

YAY Amanda! we're so excited for you. I can't wait to meet the little brownie junior and devour his or her cuteness!!

 
at 11:10 PM Blogger Mama Bear said...

WHEW HOO!! ANOTHER BROWN TO ADD TO THE FAMILY! CONGRATS GUYS!

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

 
at 8:33 AM Blogger April said...

Congratulations Amanda (Steve too)! We are very happy for you & know the joy & excitement in looking forward to the new little one to join your family. Thanks for telling the world "early" I think its great & we don't regret telling people "early" at all. Life should be celebrated!!! Congrats again.

April

PS. I don't see any rolly polly on that tummy

 
at 8:35 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

A little brown brownie. If it turns out well you might have to share your secret recipie with me. Both recipies we've used are still flawed. But great nonetheless. You look HOT for 8 weeks preggers!
LOVE YOU and little brownie Brown too!

Christy

 
at 9:10 AM Blogger Jen said...

We are so very excited for you!! Congrats to the new mommy and daddy to be!

 
at 9:20 AM Blogger Becky said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to see and hear about all the exciting parts of pregnancy and having your little brownie. Congrats!!

 
at 10:26 AM Blogger Angella said...

Roly Poly my A@@ :)
You look hot, and you will have hot little brownie Browns!

 
at 10:44 AM Blogger Heidi said...

Congrats to you both. Treasure every moment of your pregnancy. 9 months seems like forever but it will fly by.

 
at 12:14 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

PS. Brad said to tell you that he wants to know more about that secret recipe too....

 
at 12:39 PM Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations Amanda! Thats so exciting! You are going to be an amazing mother! I'll be praying for a safe arrival!

 
at 1:29 PM Blogger karen said...

Hooray! Congrats, you two! I love brownies.

 
at 6:12 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

Conratulations!!!!
I'm so very thrilled for you. I hope that you find all the joy that there is to find in your pregnancy...
God Bless,

 
at 8:22 PM Blogger D said...

Congratulations! (I'm Danica, I read your blog all the time via Christy's links - ps, she was my friend first, so there)
I'm so very excited for you guys, and I'm looking forward to watching your little brownie grow on this blog.

 
at 4:24 PM Blogger Isabella said...

What a neat twist. I've heard new life referred to as "the bun in the oven" "muffin" even "peanut" but never brownie before. You will have to remember that I'm the original though.

 
at 5:33 PM Blogger wandi said...

Oh Amanda and Steve, I'm so excited for you guys. I met your mom in the mall Amanda, a few weeks back and we discussed this new delight. I was wondering when you were going to break the news and how. I love your choice of words. Can't wait to meet this newest brownie delight. And Sheri you are not old. Just young grandparents. Being a grandparent is the best part of having kids.

 
at 6:40 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I had to add something to your long list of comments. Congrats, Amanda and Steve. YOu tummy looks so flat? How exciting. LOve, from a future babysitter....Pam

 

Post a Comment