Monday, November 28, 2005

Let the Countdown Begin...

So it's a mere three days until the opening night of "I'll Be Home For Christmas".
And our lead actor has a kidney stone.
Which he hasn't passed yet.
THIS IS NUTS.
I am not stressing about this, because I realize that worrying isn't going to get that stone moving, and "the show must go on". Luckily we have an understudy who has been memorizing the lead lines for the past few months, and we may just end up thrusting him onto the stage at the last minute.
I am past the point of freaking out about the musical, since there is really nothing more we can do to prepare. Two more rehearsals, then we hit the spotlight! I am excited, nauseous, a little anxious, and filled with anticipation.
The staff at the church has been gracious enough to let me go home at two o'clock each day this week so I don't burn out. I think I am going to go home and have a nap. What a luxury. It's going to be just swell.

Amanda Brown at 12:53 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 4:22 PM Blogger Angella said...

Hope you had a great nap :)

 
at 6:50 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

Amanda, I think that I am vicariously being stressed about the musical too...I had a dream (nightmare) this morning about all the things I had to do, including playing music in the musical and it was stressing me out sooo much!!!! I really hope he passes the kidney stone too, or else my poor dad is going to have a lot of pressure on his shoulders. I couldn't believe it when I heard that!!

 
at 11:18 PM Blogger karen said...

Stephanie, we'd love to have you! There's still time.....

Amanda,
we will be fine.
we will be fine.
we will be fine.

:)

 
at 7:03 AM Blogger Isabella said...

Wow, what crazy times. I hope everything goes all right, I'm sure it will be a smashing success and I can't wait to hear about it. We'll be praying for ya and semding some energy vibes your way!

 

Post a Comment