Saturday, November 19, 2005

Why I Like Baking

When time allows, I really do enjoy cooking and baking.
This morning I slept in a little bit and woke up with Rolo cuddled up close to me, as though he knew I was alone in a big empty bed and would like some company. Then I got up and decided that it would be a great day for some pumpkin cream cheese muffins. The sky is grey and overcast today, and the smell of fresh baking would warm the house and my mood.
So I set to it, tossing ingredients into my big mixing bowl and stirring away.
Now the entire upstairs is filled with the fragrance of hot, pumpkiny goodness.
Rolo likes it when I bake because I let him lick the bowl.
What a spoiled hound.
I am going to take him for a walk later this morning; it should do us both good. Then I won't feel so guilty about leaving him alone all afternoon and evening today when I go to Kelowna.
It's a good day and I think it's going to get better and better.
I love the slower pace of a day off...how you can ask yourself "what do I feel like doing right now?" and if the answer is "nothing", that's OK!

Amanda Brown at 9:53 AM

3comments

3 Comments

at 2:43 AM Blogger Isabella said...

Yay for baking. I too love to have the time to bake and cook. Tonight I made some sinfully delicious snacks that are basically graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. So sweet it makes my teeth hurt. And tomorrow morning I have plans to make carrot muffins/bread with frosting of course!

 
at 6:25 AM Blogger Jen said...

When I get there you will have to teach me to bake. I suck!! I once made an angel food cake that was about an inch and a half tall. I have a few things I can make but cooking is much more my department.

 
at 8:53 AM Blogger Mama Bear said...

mmmmm...pumpkiny goodness.
That is such a great picture in my brain. I can totally imagine the apple orchard in the cloudy day and the smell of pumpkin. Makes me wanna....zzzzzzzzzzz

...at work.... must stay awake..

 

Post a Comment