Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Veggie-rific!

I have been trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my daily diet. And so far it has been working! It feels good to have a bit of roughage and fibre and vitamin-soaked goodness passing through my digestive system.
Although I am living proof that the human body can be sustained on an intake of bread, cheese, chocolate and diet coke, I do feel better knowing that my body is getting a more varied intake of healthy stuff. I am not cutting out the yummy stuff, because when I try to really cut back on things, I end up pacing the house and burying my face in the fridge. Moderation is what works for me, and I'm sticking to it. I am just also adding a moderate amount of fruits and veggies to my moderate servings of ice cream and bread and cheese. Well, I am not adding the veggies right into my ice cream. The thought of Butterscotch Broccoli Swirl gets my gag reflex going.

Amanda Brown at 3:25 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 3:52 PM Blogger Jen said...

Good for you Amanda! I think that moderation is best. If you deny yourself something- it makes it that much more tempting, delicious and you usually end up eating way more of it than you would have if it wasn't a forbidden item!

 

Post a Comment