Monday, November 07, 2005

Confessions of a Twentysomething Drama Queen

I love drama. The spotlight and I have a very healthy relationship and I have always loved performing. While in high school, I was in every play that I heard about and I thrived in the dramatic atmosphere and found many kindred spirits among those drama geeks I came to know and love.
Before I met Steve, I was enrolled to study theatre. But life has a way of working out differently than you might have planned it yourself. There is truly nothing I would trade my Stevie for, and I am so happy with the way my life has turned out. But there are still days when I pine for the stage and wonder what might have been, had I pursued my dream. I never was one to go after the Hollywood dream, but I always thought it would be great to work in the theatre.
There aren't many opportunites for me to hone my dramatic skills here in Summerland, but my church has been kind enough to let me take the stage and have a great time doing fun plays and skits with some other really talented people. I am thankful for that.
And now, a much bigger responsibility somehow got dished onto my plate. I am directing the Christmas musical. Me, a director?! It's my first time and there is much I have yet to learn. But it has been a good experience thus far, and I am thankful for it.
Opening night is in three weeks. Did you hear that?
THREE WEEKS.
I think I just pooped.
It's kind of scary, because we have a long way to go before we're ready to take the stage. But here's hoping we can pull it together before then!
I am off to rehearsal right now, so wish me luck.

Amanda Brown at 5:58 PM

12comments

12 Comments

at 7:24 PM Blogger Becky said...

Good for you!! That is very ambitious of you. I wish I could be there to see you, and everyone else perform. I was in our school's rendition of "Anne of Green Gables, the Musical". I wasn't very good at drama. Too shy for it I guess. I look forward to hearing how it went!

 
at 7:38 PM Blogger Adele said...

Love the new look blog Amanda!

 
at 7:49 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Amanda your Blog looks FANTASTIC You did it! I'm so proud of you. Where are you? Oh yeah...drama!

 
at 8:07 PM Blogger Jen said...

Love the new look on your blog. I have to figure out how to do this!

You'll do wonderfully as a director. Jordan, Abby & I will come witness your masterpiece. :)

 
at 7:15 AM Blogger Heather said...

Oh Amanda, I'm sure your play will be awesome! You made me laugh out loud when you said "I think I pooped."

 
at 8:15 AM Blogger karen said...

See you tonight?

 
at 11:08 AM Blogger April said...

How come I'm not on the Babes Who Blog Column? I'm a babe, aren't I?

April

 
at 12:26 PM Blogger Angella said...

Have a GREAT trip - AWAY from the stress. You'll probably come back all energized & rock the directing even more than you are already (if that's possible)
We'll miss you!
Angella

 
at 5:45 PM Blogger Becky said...

I agree with April.. aren't I a babe? haha I really love your new backgound. AMAzing. Now if only I could figure out how to do that...

 
at 10:07 AM Blogger karen said...

I think it went REALLY well for a first rehersal with everybody! It'll just get better too! Have a great day!

 
at 8:00 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Whoa! Thirteen comments Amanda, I think that's a new record. It's OBVIOUS that your Blogging presence is SORELY missed. Come BACK and start POSTING AGAIN!! And come watch "Grey's Anatomy" with Ange and I on Sunday night.

 
at 3:18 AM Blogger Chris said...

Wow that's awesome you should get a direcor's chair and a megaphone and one of those marvelous hats. You were always great in the highschool shindigs so I think you will do an amazing job being a director!!

 

Post a Comment