Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Highlight of My Day


Is is bad that the part of each day I look forward to the most is my lunch break? That is not to suggest that I don't like my job and that I'm itching to get away from my desk. I just love the way that my lunch break splits up the day. But more than that, I love the way that I am always blessed with wonderful company on my lunch breaks. Most days I can be found lurking at Christy's house, making her children cry (the other day I was play-chasing Ben around and he collapsed in a frightened heap and wailed to be rescued...I am going to be an unfit mother). And then there are my dates with Adele when I force her to share a Macaroon Madness bar with me and she says that I am evil for being such a temptress. And then there are the times when Angella hops in her ForeRunner and makes the trek from Faulder to downtown Summerland and we meet up for lunch. Today was an Angella day, and it was great. We went to Cafe on Kelly and shared a delicious grilled turkey flatbread sandwich (mmmmm, flatbread). It's always so nice to chat with her and hear about the crazy things that her little fellas are up to.
Tomorrow will be a Christy lunch date. Every Thursday I swing through the McDonalds drive through and pick up a 2 cheeseburger meal (and TWO PACKS OF RANCH) for us to share. Splitting the meal seems to appease half of the guilt.
Lunch is great. Thanks to the girls who make my noon-time meals such a delight!

Amanda Brown at 3:43 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 4:14 PM Blogger Angella said...

Thanks for allowing me to be seen with you. My retinas burn when I gaze on your hotness.
:)
Angella

 
at 4:42 PM Blogger Jen said...

Wow! You are a busy girl. All those lunch dates!! Sounds fun.

 
at 9:11 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

Amanda..what about our scone dates?? I'm so hurt!!! I'm just kidding. That is so wonderful that there are so many great ladies you get to spend your lunchtimes with. Makes the day go by just that much faster.

 
at 8:33 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Yes, i think it's horrible that you enjoy investing in relationships and friendships over sitting at your desk job. Shame on you!
What's with the super long word verifications. It's rather annoying.

 

Post a Comment