Friday, October 28, 2005

One of My (Least) Favourite Things

Sitting down in a bathroom stall that someone else has pooped in a few moments earlier. The air is just a tad too thick and the lingering scent of turd makes you gag. I know, I know, I'm no better than the person who occupied the stall before me. We all poop. I think it's because we live in a fallen world. I wonder what Adam and Eve did before they sinned. Did they poop? Or did their bodies utilize everything perfectly so there was no need for waste? Or if they did poop, did it smell nice and all Garden of Eden-y, like lily of the valley?
A while back I was talking about poop with my mom (yes, it's a fairly common topic for us), and I said, "I have heard that changing your own baby's diaper isn't as bad as other kids'. Like you know how you don't mind the smell of your own toots. You think, 'Man! That's a ripe one!' but it's OK because it came from you. So that's how it is with your kids, right?"
"No. It's not at all like that, " she replied.
Thanks for the reality check, mom.

Amanda Brown at 2:23 PM

6comments

6 Comments

at 2:55 PM Blogger Jen said...

Hahaha. It's still sometimes gross changing Abby's diaper, but I'd rather change hers than anyone elses- that's for sure!

 
at 3:09 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

It's probably the smell of the ripe diaper I left in the ladies washroom from ealier this morning. It was a major job from Megan. We could smell her as soon as we got into the nursery. Heidi commented that "somebody pooped in here!" I said "yeah it's probly Megan." And so it was. So, If the smell is still there tomorrow you may want to remove that diaper.

 
at 3:50 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

I haven't hit the grooooossssss smelly poop yet, but Hunter's farts are the ripest I've ever smelled.

 
at 4:47 PM Blogger Angella said...

Poop smells, be it your own, or your beloved child's
:)
Angella

 
at 10:56 PM Blogger Isabella said...

Hahahaha, this made me giggle so much. I have a friend who loves changing diapers, and I imagine. I say same poop different pile.

 
at 11:14 AM Blogger wandi said...

Amanda you are hilarious. I laughed so hard when I read this post. When Jordan was younger he would always say "mom poop stinks" Smart kid. I would rather change my own kids diapers than other kids.

 

Post a Comment