Monday, October 31, 2005

The Secretary Speaks!

My good friend, Adele, works at an employment office in Summerland that helps people find work and assists them in creating an effective resume. They host workshops for people to come to and learn about computers and job interviews and career opportunities. She was doing some planning for an upcoming seminar where they would have some guest speakers from various fields of work come and give presentations on what they do. I jokingly said, "I'm sure you could use a church secretary's sage wisdom. Do you want to me give a stellar presentation? Ha ha."
"OK," she said. "That would be great. See you next week at 1:00."
Pardon me?
I was kidding.
What useful information do I have to impart?
Get married when you're 19, drop out of University, hop aimlessly from job to job in the retail industry, then finally cave and go to Sprott-Shaw Community College (oh, the shame) with strung-out weirdos for the better part of a year, then ka-boom, your church takes pity on you and lets you answer their phone and pay you for it.
Yes, follow my lead.

Amanda Brown at 2:02 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 5:05 PM Blogger Angella said...

Don't forget the wonderful blogging skills you've honed while in the employ of said church
:)
Angella

 
at 9:56 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

And you can tell them how to muffle your laughter as you observe some scarring birthday dances from regular office visitors! I still have to smile at the thought of that experience.

 
at 7:51 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

And you're my favourite person so you must be doing something right. But don't tell anyone else they might get jealous.Shhhhhhh.

 
at 10:29 AM Blogger Adele said...

You should never joke about things like this around me. Anyway you'll be great and I'll be there to make sure everything goes ok so don't worry.

 

Post a Comment