Friday, November 04, 2005

Tame the Mane


I get three haircuts a year. Since I am growing my hair out, I really just need a trim every now and again to keep the ends healthy. But, oh how I love my tri-annual visits to the salon. I have a great hairdresser who has been cutting my hair for almost five years. She's the first hairdresser I have really been able to trust and say, "do whatever you think is best" in regards to my hair. This is big for me. I have been the victim of many a gruesome haircut in the past.
Anyways, today I am going for a haircut and I am looking forward to it. I love getting my scalp massaged and having my hair washed with overpriced salon shampoo, and I enjoy the feeling of a fresh haircut. The ends feel so healthy and clean.
I am a little torn about what I should do with my hair, though. I want to keep growing it for a few more inches, but do I get some more layers around my face to frame and go for the trendy, shaggy 'do? Or do I attempt to look sleek and smooth and keep the layers long and away from my eyes? I don't know. I'll just tell my hairdresser, "do whatever you think is best" and I'll keep my fingers crossed. She hasn't failed me yet.
On another note, how can I get my hair to look all curly and wavy like Katie Holmes'? I know she's gone all weird since she's been impregnated with Tom Cruise's Scientological Spawn, but that doesn't mean she can't have great hair.

Amanda Brown at 1:40 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 3:01 PM Blogger Jen said...

She's lost her mind but she's kept the great hair! I too am growing my hair out and it's definitely in that awkward "in between" stage. I have an appt tomorrow for a dye and highlight. Good luck with your decision!

 
at 3:08 PM Blogger Angella said...

The TRICK is to be really wealthy and have your own personal hairdresser. THAT is how she has great hair. Like Oprah - she hasn't done her own hair in FIVE YEARS.
Crazy.
:)

 
at 4:19 PM Blogger Jen said...

I just remembered that I saw this. Maybe it will help you attain those wavy locks!

http://beauty.about.com/od/hairbasics/ht/sexywaves.htm

 

Post a Comment