Friday, November 18, 2005

A Solitary Unwinding

As you can see, at a very young age I mastered the fine art of relaxation: a comfy couch, a good book, my favourite blankie and some soft pillows. I love the social scene and being involved in fun events and activities, but I have also always needed a bit of alone time every now and again to recharge and rest.
And that is what I am doing tonight.
Steve has left to spend the weekend with his brother snowmobiling in the backwoods, and I am here in an empty house, content with the quiet. Not that I don't wish Steve was here, but this time of solitude is doing wonders for my tired spirit.
Albeit, I have been watching stupid TV shows like Entertainment Tonight and This Hour Has 22 Minutes...nothing too scholarly. I could lie and say I am delving into "Wuthering Heights" for my third time, but that's not the case. Nevertheless, it is marvelous to plant myself on the couch for a while and act like a vegetable. Things have been busy and I have been letting the little stresses accumulate. I hate it when I do that.
Anyways, it's going to be a good weekend. Tomorrow I am going to Kelowna with some of my favourite girl friends for an afternoon of shopping, appies, drinks (virgin, of course), and perhaps a movie. It will be nice. I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet, as my life has been on hold with all of the preparations for the church musical. After December 4th I hope to resume a more normal-paced life and remove my mattress from the chruch office and put it back in the master bedroom of our house, where it belongs.

Amanda Brown at 9:17 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 10:07 PM Blogger Becky said...

Don't we all need a little time to unwind now and then? I love to veg out. It is my expertise.

 
at 1:36 AM Blogger Isabella said...

That is a totally adorable picture. I was just thinking of weekends spent "alone". How when Nick goes away on youth retreats and I've put the kids to bed I can just do what I want. I'm craving a good foot soak, and I think I will indulge!

 
at 5:58 AM Blogger Jen said...

I am so glad you have a relaxing weekend planned. You need and deserve it! Have fun with the girls tomorrow- sometimes there is no better therapy for stress than that! :)

 
at 7:26 AM Blogger Angella said...

You need the break, my very hard working friend!
I'll miss you girls tonight - have my share of fun for me!
:)

 
at 9:20 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Virgin drinks huh? You're going to start making your blog readers suspicious Amanda if you put things like that in there. Can't WAIT see you soon!

 

Post a Comment