Thursday, November 24, 2005

Be The Bread

I had a massage today. Not a cushy, relaxation massage, but a strong, intentional, deep tissue massage. It was heavenly. I hadn't had one in almost half a year, but with the stresses that have been getting to me, my back and neck were getting more knotted with each passing day.
I felt my muscles give under the pressure and it was so nice to just let myself relax and be served. My massage therapist is great and he has a nice office with quiet music playing and a heating pad to keep you warm.
While he was doing his thing, I couldn't help but feel as though I were a huge mound of bread dough, and he was kneading me to perfection. A weird thought, I know, but I seem to have a lot of those and you should be used to them by now.
So there I was, a big ol' hunk of bread dough, lying on the table, and for a few minutes all I thought about was how I was bread. I wasn't worrying about the play, I wasn't stressed about work, I wasn't planning what we were going to eat for dinner and compiling a grocery list in my head.
I was just a pile of dough.
And it was fantastic!

Amanda Brown at 2:43 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 3:20 PM Blogger Jen said...

oh, that sounds so heavenly! Glad it took your mind off things and gave you the opportunity to relax!! I think I'm due for a massage soon.

 
at 6:46 PM Blogger Becky said...

I have never had a professional massage. I think I would love it. Travis isn't very good at them either, well he's good, but he gets tired of it after about 1 minute.. sigh. Lucky you!

Oh and after reading your post I remembered that I forgot to knead the dough from the cinnamon buns a made today!! They turned out, but probably not as well as if they had been kneaded.

 
at 7:08 PM Blogger Isabella said...

You really are obsessed with bread, aren't you! I'm glad you got a relaxing massage. I hope it's affects last the rest of your stressful time!

 
at 7:16 PM Blogger Angella said...

You deserved it - you're a busy girl!
It's been WAYYY too long since I've had a massage. I may need to get his number from you :)

 

Post a Comment