Wednesday, December 14, 2005

And So It Begins

Christmas is nearing. You know how I can tell? The dear church members have been dropping by the office with Christmas gifts for the staff, to show their love and appreciation.
How sweet.
Literally.
You see, the gifts usually come in the form of shortbread, Turtles, candied nuts, home-made taffy, and chocolates galore. And do you know where all of these divinities are placed? On my desk. I have the most central location of the church office, so the goodies end up by me.
Taunting me all day long.
What's a girl to do?
I try to limit myself to one (dozen) a day.
Oh, the agony of restraint.

Amanda Brown at 10:19 AM

3comments

3 Comments

at 10:47 AM Blogger Angella said...

I look forward to a sample when I come at lunch :)

 
at 11:14 AM Blogger Jen said...

Christmas is no time for limitations- especially when you are pregnant! ;)

 
at 3:57 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

Amanda, I think I understand a little bit of what you're experiencing as when my dad worked there, many of those sweets would make their way to our house!! Many would arrive on our door stop daily. Give thanks..and then eat! Calories don't count at Christmas and, like Jen said, especially when you're pregnant!

 

Post a Comment