Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Impending Baby Boom

There is something in the air. People are in the mood to procreate and that mood is spreading like wildfire. I just heard about a young lady at our church who is having twins a few months before I'll be due, and quite a few of our friends are trying (or thinking about trying in the next few months). It's going to be nuts, hundreds of babies screaming and pooping and burping and spitting up all at once. The times, they are a changin'. It's exciting, but kind of scary to think of how vastly our lives are going to change!
On a happy note, I am a mere three days away from the 12 week mark of my pregnancy, and the chance of miscarriage decreases significantly. Of course, there is never the sense of certainty with these things...the little person in me is completely beyond my control. I cannot force its lungs to fill with air, or make its eyes form, or help its limbs sprout.
And I know that this feeling of helplessness will continue for the rest of my life as a mother. When I send my child off to school, I can't control whether some jerk will make fun of her. I don't know if her body will harbour a terrible disease and we'll lose her at a young age. I don't know anything. It's a constant reminder to be thankful for the present moment.

Amanda Brown at 11:20 AM

3comments

3 Comments

at 2:42 PM Blogger Becky said...

Her, eh?? I think someone may have a pre-conceived idea of the sex of the little brownie! I hope he/she will be good for you two.

 
at 9:13 PM Blogger wandi said...

Speaking of baby. I wonder does it mean my Jordan and Jen will be expecting soon? I know they want to try. I guess we'll see. Only God knows if Abby will have a baby brother or sister soon?

 
at 10:53 PM Blogger Isabella said...

Here's hoping you're right!

 

Post a Comment