Monday, January 16, 2006

It's Got a Good Beat, and You Can Dance to It

I heard our baby's heartbeat today! WOOT!
It took the doctor about 30 seconds to find it and I was starting to get worried, but then she located it and it was a wonderful relief to hear that tiny, fast beating sound.
She said I have a deep-set pelvis which is why I am not really showing much yet, and we have to really seek out the heartbeat.
And I gained 4 pounds since my last appointment, which is not to bad considering I usually pack on close to that over the holidays when I am not supporting another human life in my womb.
Yay for dodging the obesity bullet! WOOT!
I will be going for an ultrasound in about six weeks at which time we are going to try to find out the sex of the baby (I know, I know, we are terrible for ruining the surprise but if you don't think it's a good idea to learn the sex I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT). We have made the decision and are excited about getting to know a little more about our baby before it makes its debut.

Amanda Brown at 1:39 PM

6comments

6 Comments

at 2:10 PM Blogger Jen said...

I'm so excited Amanda! What a relief for you to hear the heartbeat and know that all is well.

 
at 2:46 PM Blogger Heidi said...

I am so happy for you that they found a heartbeat and everything is well. It is the first of many amazing moments you will have in your journey to motherhood. I hate to be the one to rain on your parade but if you do your ultrasound at Penticton hospital they have a policy against telling you the sex. I have some connections and if you really really want to know I may be able to sweet talk one of the obstetricians in to telling you. They don't like to do it though until about 25weeks as it is easier to see then.

 
at 2:54 PM Blogger Isabella said...

I'm so glad! Just so happy. I have a friend who had a miscarriage and has since conceived again and she rented a Doppler to hear it whenever she wants to, it's so reassuring. One sound I can never hear enough! And snaps for making your own decisions about how you want your pregnancy to go! (PS: I'm green right now!)

 
at 2:59 PM Blogger Angella said...

Yay for Baby Brown! Can't wait to meet little Annalise :)

 
at 6:35 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

One of the most incredible sounds ever... I couldn't get enough of it! a doppler would have been sweet but I found they were really pricey. Are you going to Vernon for the ultrasound, then? Kelowna doesn't tell, either...

 
at 9:58 PM Blogger Becky said...

Yay! I'm so happy everything is going well for your little Gershwald or Annaleise!! I hope the rest of the pregnency goes well, and if you guys get to find out the sex of your baby, then you had better tell all of us!! A friend of mine just tried to find out the sex of her baby, but it was crossing its legs during the ultrasound! Hope your baby (and doctor) is more co-operative!

 

Post a Comment