Friday, January 20, 2006

Bring on the Oats

People have been asking if I've had any unusual cravings since I've been pregnant. For the most part, no. But recently I have been salivating at the thought of anything oaty. A big warm bowl of thick oatmeal with brown sugar, or oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, or just a handful of dry oats. Just kidding about that last one; I haven't reached that level of desperation. I'm sure it will come, though.
While at Christy's house for lunch today she had some really hearty, oaty cookies with chocolate chips and I seriously could have eaten two dozen of them. I stopped at one. Not one dozen, rather one single cookie. Aren't you proud of my discipline? You should be, if you know how much I like cookies.
I have heard of pregnant women craving everything from vinegar, to sucking on pebbles (no lie). I wonder what it means that I'm craving oats. Maybe I have a little pony in my belly.
If I do, I will name him Jeff.
Jeff the pony, who likes oats.

Amanda Brown at 1:58 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at 2:20 PM Blogger Angella said...

I'm with you on the Oats, though I'm not pregnant. Love my morning oatmeal.
Maybe I'M a pony :)

 
at 3:33 PM Blogger Adele said...

Don't tell Steve you like the name Jeff, he'll probably love and you'll be stuck with it, so you will have to forever abandon your dream of naming your baby Annelise

 
at 3:38 PM Blogger Amanda Brown said...

I don't actually like the name Jeff for a little boy...but for a pony it seemed quite fitting. I'll be sure to keep my lips sealed to Steve about it though. Jeff Brown. Does it get any more boring than that? I'd choose Gershwald over Jeff any day. It just might come to that if Steve and I can't reach a compromise.

 
at 5:28 PM Blogger Janice said...

i remember when i was pregnant i only thought of where my next popsicle was coming from!! I ate boxfulls! And taco time tacos! LOVED EM! oh and corn pops! That was my nuttition for eight months!! How i miss those meals everyday!

 
at 9:48 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I could be worse, you could have a pregnancy disorder called Pica where you crave non-food substances like sand, raw flour, clay, or ice. Weird huh?

 
at 11:00 PM Blogger D said...

I craved apples. One day I ate five (I figured hey, they're apples, what'll it hurt?). If Adora was a boy it was possible she would have been named Axel. It began as a joke, but really grew on us.

 
at 7:17 AM Blogger Poetsch Family said...

You should try the sweet and salty granol bars by Nature Valley. They are so good. My friend Vicki got me hooked on those.
With Vayda all I wanted was hot caramal sundays from McDonalds, and with Tessa all I wanted was strawberry milkshakes. Trust me those two did not help with the weight gain. So a few cookies here and there is not going to be something to worry about.

 

Post a Comment