Sunday, January 29, 2006

Children of the 80s Unite

I love a good themed party. Regular parties are fun too, but I love an excuse to piece together a wild costume and go nuts looking all weird for a night of rowdy fun. We have a Halloween party every year at our house where we strongly encourage all guests to dress up. It's great fun. Last year a good friend of ours, Kristen Perry, moved to Calgary and someone suggested we throw her a Going Away party. Sounded good. Then I piped up, "How about an 80's Going Away party? Wouldn't that be WICKED?" We secretly arranged a costume for Kristen to wear when she arrived, and you can see her in all her glory below: Everyone was a great sport and dusted off their leggings and pumps and beads. Much fun ensued. I was looking through some old photos and found the 80's party folder and thought I would share a few of my favourites. Seeing them has got me thinking that it's about time for another themed party. Adele has a birthday coming up...perhaps we could host a stuffy English tea party where everyone has to wear huge hats with feathers and we could eat mutton. Or not.
Tianna, Erin, me, Kristen and Holly, striking a pose.
Look at those abs of steel. I am one lucky lady.
Steve gets home tonight. Yay!

Amanda Brown at 6:05 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment