Sunday, April 23, 2006

With a Spoon


So, I made it. Here I am, sitting at the computer in the basement I grew up in. So much is the same, but so much is different. I'm having a hard time remembering that I used to be a teenager in this house, that I used to talk on the phone in my bedroom downstairs for hours to boys, that I used to walk upstairs and dig something out of the fridge and ask when dinner was. It's nice to be back for a visit, though.
The flight was basically uneventful. Aside from the fact that I was seated in the very last row of the plane, right next to the only working lavatory on board. In the one and a half hour flight to Edmonton, over 16 people used the bathroom. Didn't they void before getting on the plane?! Couldn't they hold it for a few minutes? It wouldn't have normally been a big deal to me; if you gotta go, you gotta go. But being seated right next to the bathroom was less than ideal. Each time the door opened, I was hit with the pungent odour of concentrated air freshener mixed with the aroma of poo. And the door swung open and shut for basically the entire flight. At least there were in-flight TVs showing TLC's "What Not To Wear" to distract me. Owell, if being assaulted by raunchy smells for 90 minutes is the greatest of my worries, then I think I'm doing okay.
Yesterday was a balmy 23 degrees (Celsius) and I went for a walk around the neighbourhood lake wearing my capris and no jacket. When I woke up this morning, there was snow on the ground. The prairies. Go figure. Hopefully the weather will smarten up as I only brought sandals to wear.
Pictures to come...

Amanda Brown at 9:38 AM

9comments

9 Comments

at 1:46 PM Blogger Jen said...

Glad you made it safe and sound! Enjoy your stay.

 
at 1:58 PM Blogger Jen said...

BTW- Where's the ping pong table?
:)

 
at 3:34 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Miss you already. Girls night just wasn't the same without you. Hope the snow disappears.

 
at 4:55 PM Blogger Susie said...

Glad you are there safe and sound. At least you didn't have to "vomit" in the plane lavatory! Have fun!

 
at 6:23 PM Blogger D said...

How insensitive of the airplane people to seat you by the bathroom. Don't they know pregnant ladies are more sensitive to gross smells that non-pregnant people?

 
at 7:00 PM Blogger wandi said...

Welcome back Amanda. The snow went as soon as it came. Don't worry. It's going to be nice I hope. Have a great time with your family.

 
at 10:24 AM Blogger Angella said...

Hope you get more sun! And no more poo smells :)

 
at 12:18 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Glad to hear you made it safely. Enjoy your time there with your family! I bet they all LOVE your belly!!!

 
at 1:37 PM Blogger Mama Bear said...

K, i love that i can look at that picture of you and i totally know where you are in the house. I can see the house in my head. I loved staying there with Kaile when we did our cross canada trip.
Tell your family i say hello. Enjoy your stay and come home soon cause i bet steve will eat mac and cheese for every meal while you're gone. And that's just not good.

 

Post a Comment