Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Pool Shall Take the Blame

My dear friend Kristin commented on my last post about some of the other escapades I've had in the pool before and I think it's safe to say that when I'm swimming, I am not myself. I do things I ought not to.
When we were kids we would wear goggles and swim underwater and play the part of peeping toms, checking out teenagers who were making out with legs entwined. I know, so very cool.
My favourite was Kristin's mention of our special brand of the game "catch". We would stand a few metres apart and throw a ball back and forth, catching it with glee. Then one of us would deliberately hurl the ball at an unsuspecting swimmer and pretend that it was an accident. They would turn and see who had thrown it and we would shrug our shoulders in apology as if to say, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that."
But really, we did.
We meant it wholeheartedly.
What a terrible child I was.
I am going to get what's coming to me, I fear.

Amanda Brown at 11:34 AM

2comments

2 Comments

at 7:25 PM Blogger Angella said...

Funny girl - looks like I missed out by not joining Aquasize!

 
at 7:20 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

It's not too late Ange!

 

Post a Comment