Monday, April 10, 2006

Detox

Last night while watching Grey's Anatomy (which was a rerun...boo!) I had a few (okay, four) cookies that Adele had baked for the occasion. They were these chewy, greasy chocolate chip concoctions that slid down my gullet with ease. And they were very thin, which is why I had four. Really, it was only like two. Stop judging.
When I came home I was talking to Steve in his office and I began to feel some ominous tremors in my guts. "I don't feel so well," I stuttered, then ran to the bathroom to have a sudden and severe case of the diarrhea. Steve came in to check on me and see if I was OK.
What a sweetie.
I kindly asked for some privacy and spent the next 10 minutes moaning in agony while my body expelled the culprits.
Gross, I know.
When I was emptied, I stumbled to our bedroom and crawled under the covers. Steve marched in a few seconds later, with a mighty smirk on his face.
He was holding his little digital recorder in his hand.
Turns out that when he came in to see how I was feeling as I was writhing on the can, he planted the recorder on the counter next to the toilet (I hadn't noticed at the time). The stupid little machine captured the sound of my every groan.
Steve thought this was hilarious, of course.
I am so loved.

Amanda Brown at 9:03 AM

12comments

12 Comments

at 9:39 AM Blogger Marla said...

oh the joys of married life!!

 
at 9:57 AM Blogger Jen said...

So sick. So the Browns. lol. ;)

 
at 10:33 AM Blogger Susie said...

Don't we just love it when our men do things like that (can you sense the sarcasim

 
at 10:41 AM Blogger Adele said...

I knew my cooking was bad but I had no idea I was going to poison you. I'm so sorry Amanda I promise I will bake no more cookies and from now on we'll stick to fruit on SUnday nights

 
at 11:16 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be mortified. But it sounds like you've found your match. :)

 
at 11:47 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Can I hear it? Even better can you get it on your Blog?

 
at 1:13 PM Blogger Angella said...

I'm not surprised :)

So, what will the retaliation be?

 
at 5:28 PM Blogger Amanda Franks said...

Ohmigosh. I'm glad my husband isn't that quick on the uptake! Yikes.

 
at 5:31 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Hahahaha!!! I can't believe he did that! Ok, so I don't know Steve so well.

 
at 7:26 PM Blogger geeksters said...

What a perfect match -- you blogging away about explosive diarrhea and him capturing it all for posterity. Kinda makes me wonder what kind of sense of humour mini-Brown will have:)

 
at 8:12 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it serves you right!I seem to remember some certain children and their father who thought it would be really funny to tape their mother when she was snoring!What goes around comes around!!

 
at 10:09 PM Blogger D said...

nasty!

 

Post a Comment