Monday, April 03, 2006

I LIKE STUFF!

This weekend has been a stuff extravaganza! On Friday all of the maternity clothes I'd ordered off of Ebay arrived and they all fit perfectly (with the exception of the khaki bermuda shorts...when you can see your cellulite through the material, it's bad news). It's so nice to have some more variety in my wardrobe and I feel pretty stylin'. I'll do that photoshoot yet, so you can see just how stunning I truly am. :)
Then I got a phone call from my mom explaining that she had purchased a stroller for us at The Bay in Regina and it was waiting for us at The Bay in Penticton. It's a Graco 4-in-1 travel system that has the car seat that clicks into the stroller. Just what we wanted! Thanks, mom and pop!
Jen and I headed into Penticton on Saturday to run a few errands and pick up the stroller. We carted it out to the car and first tried to place the huge box in the trunk. It was too big, so we next tried to place it in the back seat. We managed to wedge about three inches of the huge box into the car, and after ten minutes of trying to ram it into the back seat, we gave up. We were laughing so hard, of course that didn't help. Eventually we ended up taking the stroller out of the massive box and placing it in, piece by piece. I don't understand why they would make a box that's so huge! Not every prospective parent drives a pick up truck or and SUV. Some prospective parents drive a 1986 Toyota Corolla with blue plaid upholstery and a muffler so loud it can be heard from miles away.
Anyways, I was feeling pretty excited about the stroller and new duds, but since then even more baby stuff has been pouring in. There is such a generous community of friends here in Summerland and they have been gracing us with bags upon bags of gently used baby clothes, bouncy chairs, baby swings, mobiles, and what not. We are so lucky! The nursery is filling up!
It seems like there's still so far to go until our baby is born, but in reality the next 15 weeks are sure to pass us by more quickly than we imagine. I know that the last month of pregnancy will feel eternal, but I am looking forward to having the time off work to stock up the freezer with casseroles and baking, finish decorating the nursery (we've chosen lavender and sage green as the colours), and being a beached whale by the lake.
My sciata has been acting up with brute force each time I go for a walk, and the middle of the night calf cramps have begun. Hurrah!
In short, all is well, the weekend was swell and I'm feeling good.
Hope you can all say the same.

Amanda Brown at 9:03 AM

11comments

11 Comments

at 9:39 AM Blogger Mama Bear said...

Wanna know something weird?
I was on chris's blog. He has friends in chilliwack; marc and kylie.
I clicked on their blog.
They have friends Stephen and Amber whose i've met once.
I clicked on their blog.
They had a bunch of people i didn't know on their blog list.
So i clicked one.
It was a blog of SUPER cute kids...
i scrolled down and there was a picture of YOU!~ It was your friend Christy's blog.

small world? yep. talk about 6 degrees of seperation.

 
at 9:50 AM Blogger Jen said...

It was a great weekend! I'm glad I got to spend a lot of it with you. :)

 
at 10:09 AM Blogger karen said...

ooohhhh, the middle of the night calf cramps. I had those bad. It works if just as you get them, flex your ankle up, and for me, they went away. Good luck with that though -- there were many nights where I woke up crying and hitting the bed they were so bad.

 
at 10:10 AM Blogger Will said...

Free stuff! I gotta have kids now. I love getting free stuff!

 
at 11:00 AM Blogger Heidi said...

Getting baby stuff is so much fun. Your next 15 weeks will fly by and before you know it you will have the final addition to your nursery, your precious baby girl!

 
at 11:33 AM Blogger Kaili said...

Sounds like a grand week end! I love getting Baby stuff too! Put a picture of your stoller on here, I'd love to see it!
Try some cal/mag for the leg cramps.
It was nice seeing you Sat. night, we shall do it again when everyone can come. :)

 
at 11:56 AM Blogger Heather said...

I love getting new stuff... infact I bought a new flat iron online this weekend. I can hardly wait for it's arrival :)

 
at 2:33 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Shelley, that is sooo wierd! I lived with Mark's sister Shareen for a year and she was in my wedding. And I went to Capernwray with Amber who I also went to youth group with in High school. This really is a small small world.

Oh, and Amanda... You look HOT in your new duds. Can't wait to spill some big greasy globs of mayo on em. JUST KIDDING! HAHAHA hahaha ha... ha.
Okay not funny.

 
at 3:15 PM Blogger Isabella said...

It is so great to get free stuff! We got an amazing wardrobe for a baby boy, but then Belle was a girl, lol. It's so nice to have those boxes in our storage room should we have a boy next time! I think I'm going to have to start hitting e-bay there are some things I want for non-retail prices, I'm assuming you would recommend e-bay? Oh and awesome on the stroller! That's a really great gift.

 
at 4:14 PM Blogger April said...

Did you get anything from us yet via Andy?

 
at 9:25 PM Blogger m+K said...

Hello Shelley and Christy and Amanda too who I don't know but feel like I sort of know you after reading your blog for a bit. It sure is a small world, especially the Christian world, we are all intertwined in some way. :) Kylie

 

Post a Comment