Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fruit of the Month

Prior to pregnancy, I wasn't very determined to get my 5-10 servings of fruit and veggies in each day. After all the cookies, bread and cheese I ate, there was simply no room left in my stomach for baby spinach or bananas.
But the baby has been a good influence on me.
She likes fruit and tells me to eat it all the time. She seems to go through monthly phases of preference. Last month she could not get enough strawberries. I would be at the supermarket and she would kick the placenta as hard as she could to signal me to buy a four pound vat of strawberries. And the baby liked her strawberries with a light sprinkling of sugar. This baby and I, we are really going to get along. This month the baby has been on an orange kick. She makes me eat cold, juicy oranges every day and if she doesn't get her way she boots me in the cervix (which feels bad, by the way). I am happy to appease this fruit-loving being in my gut, and I hope to keep enjoying fruits and veggies even once she's out.

Amanda Brown at 11:14 AM

5comments

5 Comments

at 12:42 PM Blogger Jen said...

I truly believe that your body craves what it needs- so eat up! Atta girl baby Brown- way to get your mommy eating well. :)

 
at 1:24 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet Steve is hoping she like apples...

 
at 2:02 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Cute!
I love fruit and veggies!!!
And I guess "Leah" is right, steve is probably really wanting a baby who loves apples!! Have you ever seen the movie "baby boom"? It's an oldy but a goody! check it out, you'll get the whole thing about apples when you watch it.

 
at 6:39 PM Blogger wandi said...

My ex mother inlaw got very ill on bananas when she was pregnant with her kids. To this day she just can't even go near bananas. I made the mistake of making banana pancakes when she was visiting one time. Whoops! She so kindly ate them and then I'm sure she ran to the washroom and puked them all out. Keep giving that little babe what she wants to eat.

 
at 1:41 PM Blogger Angella said...

When I was pregnant with Nathan, I couldn't get enough fresh CHERRIES! Though that generally applies when I'm NOT pregnant :)

 

Post a Comment