Sunday, March 19, 2006

This and That

This weekend two of our friends got hitched and their wedding day was lovely. The bride, Ashley, was radiant in her gown and the groom, Corey, had a huge smile plastered on his face all afternoon. Congrats to the happy couple!
Steve and I had a great time at the reception, dancing like fools and convincing all our friends to join us. Pastor Gary was out on the floor busting moves like I've never seen, as well as Erin, Tianna and their hubbies in tow. We YMCA'd, we chicken danced, we shook our bums to Bootylicious, and we even line danced. It was great fun.
On Friday I marched into the hair salon and told my stylist that I was looking for a bit of a change, but that I wanted to still hold onto most of the length. "Just take off the bad ends and add some layers," I remember saying. I think she thought I was bolder than I truly was, because she snipped off a whopping 4 inches and I wasn't totally prepared for that. I am happy with the change, though, and my hair looks a million times more healthy and bouncy and cheery. It's funny how attached I can get to my long hair; it's a security blanket of sorts. Owell, it's gone for now and I have re-entered the land of shoulder length locks. Hope you like my new 'do!

Amanda Brown at 4:45 PM

16comments

16 Comments

at 5:57 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning! But that's all about you--it has very little to do with the hair.

 
at 6:25 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wowzers!! Amanda, you look terrific!!

 
at 8:11 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hair! You look absolutely gorgeous. :)

 
at 8:22 PM Blogger Jen said...

Your hair looks great!!

Sounds like the wedding was so much fun. :)

 
at 8:50 PM Blogger D said...

You're officially a 'hot momma'!

 
at 10:57 PM Blogger Will said...

nice hair

 
at 11:13 PM Blogger Susie said...

You are always stunning, Amanda. Truly a vision. I love the do.

 
at 7:37 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!I can't believe we have such a beautiful daughter-but then you know what your brudder says,"two negatives make a positive!"Love you-your Momma

 
at 8:49 AM Blogger Angella said...

AAHHHH!! My eyes!! The pure hotness has scorched them!!!!

 
at 9:55 AM Blogger Becky said...

Lovely! I love the feeling of healthy, bouncy new hair. It looks awesome on you!

 
at 10:17 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I love it! Healthy hair feels Sooooo good!

 
at 4:32 PM Blogger Abbey said...

I love your hair Amanda. You always look stunning. Glad you had fun at the weddings. Aren't they fun to go to. It makes you remember your special day like it was yesterday.

 
at 4:47 PM Blogger karen said...

Your hair looks lovely! And the best thing about hair is that it always grows back!

 
at 6:52 PM Blogger Heather said...

Love it, good choice :)

 
at 7:15 PM Blogger wandi said...

Amanda you look so beautiful. I love the hair. You have the kind of face that I think you can pull off a lot of hair styles. Keep on smiling.

 
at 9:28 PM Blogger Kaili said...

You look great!!! Nice hair cut chicki!

 

Post a Comment