Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Brown Bagged

A menu for a good day:
Sliced strawberries sprinked with just a titch of sugar.
Egg salad sandwich on oatmeal bread.
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
See, I've had fruit, protein, whole grains and chocolate.
Packing a lunch is a good idea. It keeps me from walking down the street to blow my allowance on ice cream and chips.
I still seem to be packing on the pounds like nobody's business, but it seemd to be going entirely to my boobs (well, and my rump too, however we choose not to speak of this) so I don't mind.
We for for our next ultrasound in a week and I am feeling a little anxious about that. There is a good chance that the tiny cysts have disappeared and we will be sent away with a clean bill of health for our Baby Brown. However, there is also a chance that the cysts could still be there but the baby could be perfectly healthy. Or, the cysts could still be there and there could be other markers that would indicate a more serious problem. A few variations that both scare me. See, if the cysts are still there, the only way we could determine whether or not they are an indication of a chromosomal abnormality is to have an amniocentesis. And neither Steve nor I are comfortable with the risk of miscarriage with an amnio. So, if the cysts are still there, we will just have to wait for three months until the baby is born and not know for certain if something is wrong or not.
I don't feel like I am dwelling on the worst-case scenario, but there is that nagging fear that continues to tap on the back of my mind.
We would appreciate your prayers for us and for our sweet baby girl.

Amanda Brown at 1:18 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 1:58 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

parayers on their way for you and Steve (peace) and for Baby Brown (health)

 
at 2:05 PM Blogger Angella said...

You know that we love you and pray for you often. I'm sure all will be well, and regardless of the outcome of your ultrasound, you have a HUGE group of people who love you and will surround you with support.

I love you, Amanda. AND I love Baby Brown already too :)

 
at 2:13 PM Blogger Adele said...

We're praying for you but I have the utmost confidence that everything is fine with Baby Brown. Try

 
at 2:34 PM Blogger Jen said...

We will be praying!

 
at 4:50 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Its so easy to fear for our children isn't it? I know what it's like to fear the worst. But, I also know that you are strong in yuor faith to face whatever God brings your way. I do have confidence that you will have a beautiful healthy baby though. I will pray.

 

Post a Comment