Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Farm

When I was a little girl we would visit my grandparents on their farm in Wynyard, Saskatchewan. It was a magical place where we would spend our days being pushed on the tire swing in the gully, having picnics on the big picnic rock with Grandma, and finding the three foot-tall ant hill and poking it with a stick. It was so much fun.
Sometimes there were kitties on the farm and I loved to pet them and give them milk and also to hurl them into the wading pool and watch them scurry away.
I am excited for our kids to grow up on a farm and spend their days exploring the gulch and chasing marmots and eating apples off of the trees.
Although I am not always convinced of my calling as a farmer's wife, there are many wonderful aspects of it and raising our kids here is just one of them.

Amanda Brown at 7:16 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 7:35 PM Blogger Kaili said...

I would love to have a farm to raise our children on, well really just acreage, so they can have tree forts and animals and what not. Your children will LOVE it!! They are so lucky!!!

 
at 9:21 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'll just bring my kids to your farm, okay? I remember my grandparents' ranch - it was the greatest!

 
at 9:22 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'll just bring my kids to your farm, okay? I remember my grandparents' ranch - it was the greatest!

 
at 7:55 AM Blogger Angella said...

I know my kids LOVE being outside, and I'm sure yours will too. And they'll have fresh fruit to boot!
:)

 
at 10:44 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

How seriously cute were you when you were a baby? I can just imagine your daughter looking like that when she's three. Lots of cute wavy hair.

 

Post a Comment