Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Against All Odds

Since my doctor's appointment last Monday I have been motivated to continue to eat healthily and gain this baby weight at an even and moderate pace. I have been going for three long walks a week and have been eating lots of fruits and vegetables (and only the occasional donut). Just out of curiousity, I stepped on our bathroom scale this morning, thinking that my weight probably hadn't gone up much in the past week, thanks to all my healthy efforts.
But my scale had a different idea.
I have gained FOUR POUNDS in one week.
What the hey-diddy-diddy did I do to deserve that? I've been told that perhaps my baby is experiencing a growth spurt. Hmm, is that so? Then I must be carrying my baby in my THIGHS because that's where the extra girth seems to lie! I don't know.
I don't think it was wise for me to weigh myself, because now I feel like a beluga, whereas I was actually feeling good prior to reading that dreaded number this morning.
I have always been able to gain weight so easily. Extra calories stick to me like a fat kid on a twinkie.
An ironic similie, I know.
BECAUSE I AM THE FAT KID ON THE TWINKIE.

Amanda Brown at 1:36 PM

11comments

11 Comments

at 2:12 PM Blogger Angella said...

OK! I'm thisclose to posting a picture of me all fat and pregnant with Graham.
Then you'll see how great you really look!
And maybe steer clear of the scale :)

 
at 2:22 PM Blogger Jen said...

I'm with Ange. At the end of my pregnancy, I weighed 50 LBS more than you do right now. You look fabulous! And, a number is just a number. The 4 lbs could be because you got weighed at different times of the day, after a meal, before you went to the bathroom, etc. Relax - you are one hot momma!

 
at 2:46 PM Blogger April said...

Maybe its all in the boosoms? Probably 2 lbs are at least right? You've been saying their humungous!

 
at 6:05 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

You worry too much! STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF!!!!!!! You DO look wonderful!

 
at 6:22 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

AMANDA, stop... you are so normal. I'm with Christy..and everyone else. Love being normal. I know you've already heard it all, but we have to say it again- you look great. Scales are the devil. You are growing a HEALTHY baby and that baby doesn't need to be weighed on a scale. Thanks for letting us interupt you so much the other day- I enjoyed it!

 
at 7:57 PM Blogger Heidi said...

As long as you are eating healthy (with the occaisional treats of course), there really isn't anything else you can do. Your body is growing a healthy baby! Plus I am a true believer that girl babies are harder on your physique than boys. Having 3 girls I should know! Even so, you look radiantly healthy.

 
at 9:50 PM Blogger Vicki said...

I know how you feel (I'm about six weeks behind you). Don't weigh yourself at home anymore. The monthly weigh-ins at your doctors office are punishment enough. Seroiusly, as long as you're not eating a ridiculous amount of junk, your body is doing what it needs to do. Enjoy the changes, you get to have a beautiful baby because of them!

 
at 9:51 PM Blogger Kaili said...

You wanna talk weight? I gained 17 pounds since my last midwive visit! I was kinda shocked! I am the heaviest I have ever been! But really I have no control I am eating well and the Baby is growing like crazy. No worries little Mama!
Robin said he saw you today. My cute Beanery Man!

 
at 11:25 PM Blogger Isabella said...

Awesome. I like fat kids on twinkies, they have so much joy in their eyes. Call me crazy but I look forward to putting on baby weight because as easy as it goes on it is WORK to take it off and that means remembering to focus on me sometimes after the baby comes. It's all about balance.

 
at 10:29 AM Blogger Susie said...

I know that it is not always best to give advice to a pregnant mom (trust me, I've been there), but may I suggest THROW AWAY THE SCALE! Like Jen, I gained 50IBS. too; however, I wasn't that small to begin with. Try close to 200IBS., before the baby weight. That's right! The most important thing to remember that the more you gain, the more your baby is growing. Embrace it. It is the only time in your life when you can eat whatever you want and no one can say "Do you think that's a good idea?" LOL! Love ya!

 
at 4:23 PM Blogger D said...

Hey Amanda, weren't you one of the people who was telling me to toss the scale a few weeks back?
Christy knows best STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF. It's bad enough that the doctor will do it for you.
Long walks rock as good preggo exercise.
You're so hot. Don't ever forget it!

 

Post a Comment