Monday, February 27, 2006

She Likes to Move it, Move It! She Likes To...MOVE IT!

So, I am about 96% certain that I felt the baby move for the first time last night. For the past few weeks I have been feeling little prods or tugs in the good ol' pelvic area, but nothing that was a distinct movement of the baby.
I was starting to get freaked out, because they say that for your first pregnancy it's common to feel movement sometime around 18-20 weeks. I was 20 weeks on Saturday and that's when I really started to worry, "I am NOT normal. My baby is a lifeless blob who doesn't like to move. Is she even still alive in there? I don't know! Waaaaaaa."
But then last night I was sitting on the couch at Christy's watching Grey's Anatomy (poor, poor, George! But wasn't Burke so nice to let him stay at his house? I love Burke!) and I felt this kind of bubbly, fluttery sensation in my lower abdomen, like nothing I had ever felt before. It happened once more that night, and once today.
I am 4% uncertain...you know how they say that it's supposed to feel like gas? Maybe it really is just gas. I don't know. The movements should get stronger in the coming weeks, so we'll see what that feels like.
I'll be posting some recent belly shots soon! Steve took one this morning and it's looking large, my friends! Large indeed. Except you know how when you've got some tummy rolls and you sit down and when you get up there's a crease in your gut? I still have that. Hopefully the baby will smooth that out soon and give me a perfectly round tum-tum.
Big Gulps, hey? Well...see you later.

Amanda Brown at 3:23 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 3:35 PM Blogger Jen said...

I think you did feel the baby last night. By the look on your face, it looked like something you hadn't experience before.

And this time for the belly pic- no sucking in. Let us see the true belly shot. ;)

 
at 4:35 PM Blogger Heidi said...

I am sure that is what you felt. It does feel a little like bubbles at first. I didn't feel Avery move much until at least 20wks and she was my 2nd. Depends on the position of the placenta and baby. The movements only get stronger and more frequent from here!

 
at 9:05 PM Blogger Kaili said...

It if felt like nothing you have ever felt, THAT'S IT!!!
It will be getting stronger and more frequent as the days pass and you'll fall in love with feeling your little peanut everyday. :)
Yah for Baby wiggles!

 

Post a Comment