Monday, February 20, 2006

Better Early Than Tardy

Dear friends of ours who now live in the Republic of Georgia graciously gave us their gently used nursery set, including a dresser, crib and change table, all made of beautifully rich, dark cherry wood. Our baby is going to be surrounded by class! This weekend I pitted my office and started to organize all of my scrapbooking supplies, old journals, photo albums, and costumes to make way for the babe. I have yet to decide where to store all of my junk, but it feels so good to have the nursery on the way to being ready. I even put the bedding in the crib! (What a nerd, hey?) It was fun. I washed it all with a gentle detergent that smelled like a freshly wiped baby's bum and when I took it out of the dryer I hugged it and inhaled the delicious scent. (Yes, definitely a nerd.) Here is the dresser: And here is the change table. Soon enough it will be loaded up with boxes of diapers and wipes, but for now it's bare. The ugly white shelf behind it has since been banished to the den downstairs. Cherry wood and white wood are not friends and should not be in a room together!
And here is the crib. So pretty. I love how the sage green bedding looks against the dark wood. Love it, love it, love it! The bottom sheet I bought from Wal-Mart doesn't seem to fully cover the mattress, so that's kind of lame, but I've got about four more months to fix that problem and get a new sheet or two.
And here is the gliding rocker and ottoman. It is so comfortable! I am sure that many a night will be spent, gliding back and forth with our baby in my arms. It's going to be just swell, I think.
The room still needs to be painted, so it still looks kind of drab, but I thought this would be a good glimpse at the "before". Soon it will be dazzling, but for now I'm just excited to have all the furniture together in one room.
Hurrah!

Amanda Brown at 5:42 PM

11comments

11 Comments

at 6:20 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

So exciting amanda. All the hart's furniture is so nice and definitely classy. Can't wait to see you precious little babe curled up in that crib!

 
at 6:24 PM Blogger Jen said...

Looks great Amanda!

The Wal-mart bedsheets are definitely not the best bedsheets around. I found that they hardly fit either.

I can't wait!!

 
at 7:01 PM Blogger Angella said...

Kushies usually fit well :)

Sweet suite!

 
at 7:11 PM Blogger wandi said...

I don't think you are a nerd at all. Nothing sweeter than a new born and freshly laundered baby linnens. The furniture is very pretty.

 
at 7:24 PM Blogger Heather said...

What colour are you planning to paint? I love the Cherry wood... how fitting!

 
at 7:35 PM Blogger Heather said...

What colour are you going to paint? The cherry wood is beautiful and very fitting for Summerland!

 
at 7:39 PM Blogger Isabella said...

So love it and so jealous. Good luck with the decorating I hope you have a supreme time getting baby ready.

 
at 9:21 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

Beautiful!!!

 
at 10:16 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Very nice Amanda, you are so not a nerd, I love Baby stuff!
Also glad to hear that your appointment went well. Our nest one is tomorrow, Robin will get to hear the heartbeat "live", can't wait.
Happy Baby planning!

 
at 10:46 PM Blogger D said...

Looks gorgeous already. I can't wait to see it painted. Getting ready is so much fun.

 
at 5:11 PM Blogger Heidi said...

It is so much fun setting up the nursery for the first time. I remember before I had Delaney I would go and sit in the room, close my eyes and imagine a baby in there. Before you know it you will be rocking sweet Anneliese in the chair.

 

Post a Comment