Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Maverick

Last night Steve and I went out for a lovely dinner to celebrate our looooove. While we were waiting for our meals to arrive, we exchanged our little Valentine's gifts. He opened up the card I had made for him, along with a super-sized package of beef jerky (he'll take that over chocolate any day) and I told him that the other item I had bought for him was on its way and was on back order. He seemed quite pleased with my gestures of loooove.
Then it was my turn to see what gift he had chosen for me. I opened the card he had made and it warmed my heart. Then I went to peek under the tissue paper in the gift bag that held my present. (For a few days prior to Valentine's Day I had been dropping not-so-subtle hints that I wanted Season One of Grey's Anatomy on DVD.) I reached down into the gift bag and felt a DVD.
Yay!
But when I fully lifted the DVD out, I saw that it was not Grey's Anatomy, rather an old school copy of the movie Top Gun.
Um.
I smiled and tried to shield my disappointment. I reasoned with myself, "Amanda, why are you being such a little brat? Who cares what he got you? He loves you and you are so lucky to have a guy as great as Steve. Suck it up."
But the other side of me, the disappointed side, said, "Augh. I don't even like this movie. He knows that I don't really even like this movie. He just got this movie so that he could watch it! He should know me better than this! TOP GUN? Seriously?! He could have at least bought me 20 pounds of chocolate. Anything would be better than this!"
I kept on smiling politely, while my inner monologues fought one another. Then Steve reached behind his back and pulled out Season One of Grey's Anatomy and laughed.
He got me good.
We had a delicious meal seasoned with meaningful conversation.
I love this guy!

Amanda Brown at 10:20 AM

7comments

7 Comments

at 10:33 AM Blogger Jen said...

LOL! Good one Steve!!

 
at 10:36 AM Blogger Kaili said...

That's awesome, nice move Steve!
Isn't that hilarious how inside we have all this stuff going on as far as thinking, hey he should know me beter, doesn't he know me better? Hahaha, I love it!

 
at 1:11 PM Blogger Angella said...

Nice!

So...when's the party to watch season 1?

 
at 2:54 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha,ha!Does that remind you of a certain Christmas with cow slippers?Love,your Momma.

 
at 5:17 PM Blogger D said...

You guys are so funny. Matt couldn't have kept a straight face through that one.
Happy Valentines Day!

 
at 8:39 PM Blogger Abbey said...

That's hilarious Amanda.
Enjoy season 1 of Grey's Anatomy. My sister rants and raves about that show...I have yet to see it.

 
at 3:50 PM Blogger Mama Bear said...

oh no! does thism ean you're going to watch so much grey's anatomy that you'll never get any blogging done?
Blogging is the only gift that keeps on giving.

check out my blog story from yesterday. i think you might enjoy it :)

 

Post a Comment