Monday, February 13, 2006


Where, oh where, has the weekend gone? Those precious days, Saturday and Sunday, flee far too quickly and I am missing the freedom that comes with them. I had a nice few days off, though. After the birthday bash on Friday night, I roused early on Saturday morning and went to Kelowna with Suzy and Jen. We made many a stop at various stores all around the city and I was successful in my hunt for a maternity bathing suit. The plan was to go swimming in the afternoon, and I wasn't feeling too ready to don a bikini with my gut looking the way it does these days, so I opted for a chocolate brown one-piece with a halter style neck that ties up. It's big. And sexy? Not really, but I feel comfortable in it, and that's all I ask.
I also found a great maternity dress at a consignment store for $18 which will be perfect for the two weddings we will be attending this summer. Deals and me...we get along.
After a lovely morning in Kelowna, I came home and went swimming with Steve's sister, Kaile, and the friends she had brought up with her from Vancouver. One's name was Chingo and he was from Japan. The other's name was George (pronounced "HOR-hay") from Columbia. So, I had a cultured afternoon at the pool with these nice people. I forgot that I actually like swimming. It is so nice to feel weightless and free in the water. On a sour note, I was seduced by the hot tub and soaked in it for a few minutes. I know that pregnant ladies are supposed to avoid them, but I started out with just dipping my feet in, then my entire legs, then my bum too, then I fully plunged in. It wasn't actually that hot, more like a "warm-tub" so I don't think I deep fried the baby.
On Sunday we went to church and then I came home and had a nearly two hour long nap. It was heavenly. Following my time in slumber land, I went for a beautiful walk along the lakeside with Adele. The fresh air was invigorating and the converstation enjoyable. I am so happy that Adele's visa was approved and that she and Craig get to stay in Canada permanently.
In the evening Christy, Adele and I gathered round the boob tube and watched Grey's Anatomy. Yes, I wept profusely when Dr. Bailey saw her husband (who had miraculously survived a near-fatal car accident while racing to the hopsital for the birth) for the first time and showed him their newborn son and told him that she had named him William George, after Dr. O'Malley, the clumsy, puppy-dog intern who helped her through her labour. I CAN'T HANDLE IT!
This is turning into one of those really long and boring posts, isn't it?
I will stop now.
Hope you all enjoy the week ahead.

Amanda Brown at 9:53 AM



at 10:20 AM Blogger Jen said...

I shouldn't have read this post!! Now I know what happened in Grey's. You should have had a disclaimer! kidding. I will be fine.

Sounds like a really nice weekend Amanda. I'm glad I got to spend some if it with you.

at 12:04 PM Blogger Angella said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Swimming is GREAT when you're preggers, especially as your belly gets bigger :)

at 7:24 PM Blogger Danica said...

I'm glad you had a leisurely day. It sounded great. I'm also glad you wrote it down. For remembering this time next year. Giggle giggle. You're in for it, man.

at 9:50 PM Blogger Susie said...

i love GA too. Is it bad that I am secretly hoping that Meradith lands her man.... I know I shouldn't be speaking such things... LOL


Post a Comment