Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It Feels Like Grown-Ups Live Here

For the past few years we have been storing quite a bit of furniture for both Steve's mom and dad as they get settled into their new homes. This weekend we were told that Steve's dad did no longer want to use the china cabinet and dining room set you see pictured above, and that we were free to put it up at our house if we so wished.
We so did.
Be thankful I don't have a "before" shot of what our dining area looked like. All we had was a slatted pine shelf that held all of my dust-collecting bowls and platters, and a garage sale table made of that plasticy stuff that's supposed to look like wood.
Anything would have been a vast improvement over what he had to start with, but I never imagined we'd be blessed with such beautiful pieces to put in our home. Granted, they are a tad more traditional than I would have chosen for myself, but they were FREE and for that reason they have a whole other kind of beauty to them. I like the look of our new dining room. I actually want to dine there now, instead of just scarfing dinner down while seated on the couch watching the news.
I feel so posh. :)

Amanda Brown at 5:14 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 6:54 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

wow amanda, I have to admit it looks much different and very sophisticated! As I look to having to furnishing our whole house, I can understand the beauty of free furniture!

 
at 10:07 PM Blogger karen said...

It looks like grown ups live there!

:)

 
at 10:23 PM Blogger Susie said...

I'm thinking.... dinner party at Amanadas. Nice new duds. Nice bumb too. Love preggy bellies!

 
at 11:27 AM Blogger Will said...

your house is classy, mine is less together and has questionable decor.

 

Post a Comment