Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I Should Have Knocked on Wood

I have just met another fellow pregnant woman my age here in Summerland. Her name is Kaili and she's really great and I look forward to having someone to be a blimp with. She's just past her 5 month mark and was writing on her blog about how she's been extra hungry lately and is able to pack away more food in her growing tummy than ever before. She asked if any other pregnant women were experiencing the same thing and I commented on her blog, mentioning that I haven't really been abnormally hungry and overall have been able to eat fairly moderately.
I think I jinxed myself with that comment.
Because today I have been a hoover.
I had my regular piece of toast for breakfast, but when I got the church someone had brought this extravagent fruit platter with strawberries and grapes and other delights and I dove right in. Fruit is good for you, right?
Then I started eyeing the oatmeal cookies I had brought for our staff meeting and had one of those.
Our meeting went a little longer than usual and I was getting quite hungry, despite my prior fruit feast. So I pulled out the crackers I had brought for my lunch and started crunching away (keep in mind, it was only 10:30 am). About 15 minutes after that, I was still ravenous so I yanked out my sandwich and tossed it down the hatch. Then I had another cookie.
Apparently I have become the bottomless pit. I don't feel bad, because I was legitimately hungry and I am just trying to listen to my body's cues, but STILL! That's a lot of food to have packed away before noon.
And I have been dreaming about what I'll have for supper ever since.

Amanda Brown at 3:08 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 3:30 PM Blogger Jen said...

That sounds like me. But I'm not pregnant. And I do it everyday. And it's not fruit. :(

 
at 4:04 PM Blogger Angella said...

When I was pregnant with Nathan, I would eat the lunch I brought to work by 9am. And then I'd head out at noon to get more lunch.
:)

 

Post a Comment