Thursday, February 09, 2006

Highway to the Danger Zone


This morning could have been disastrous.
There I was, sitting at my desk, and a terrible urge overcame me.
I wanted a cinnamon bun.
One that was as big as my head.
With cream cheese icing, no raisins, and gooey goodness tucked lovingly between the coiled layers of dough.
And did I mention it was to be as big as my head?
(They really do make them that size at the cafe down the street.)
I was thinking about how if I were to consume this head-sized divinity, I would probably feel pretty gross afterwards. Unnecessary calories and all.
But I was losing grip.
I was about to head out the door to sell my soul to the head-sized bun, when someone came in and offered me a few little Timbits (for any Americans out there, Timbits are little round donut holes). I chose a few and after eating them I felt satisfied and as though I had diverted the head-bun craving.
That sure was close, though.

Amanda Brown at 2:39 PM

6comments

6 Comments

at 3:07 PM Blogger Jen said...

I started salivating as soon as I saw that picture. My weakness. Cinnamon buns. Also one of my greatest pregnancy cravings. Cinnamon buns and shrimp- not together of course. Good for you for sticking to the Tim Bits. I would have said "since I already ate timbits I might as well eat a cinnamon bun too!"

 
at 4:34 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Can we share one later. Pleeeeease?

 
at 5:15 PM Blogger Will said...

depending on where you go, Timbits go by many names here. Most notably on the east coast at Dunkin Donuts where they are called Munchkins. Other names are Pom Poms and of course Donut Holes.

 
at 5:46 PM Blogger Kaili said...

I love that you mentioned NO raisins! I hate raisins in cinnamon buns! That was a close one, like the other day I really wanted chicken Mcnuggets. YIKES! I forced myself to stay at home. It was a close call too.

 
at 5:56 PM Blogger Angella said...

Have you made the land of nod buns yet?
Do it.
Seriously.

 
at 10:29 PM Blogger Heidi said...

I would have got the cinnamon bun! Yes, I am weak. Good for you for staying strong.

 

Post a Comment