Friday, February 10, 2006

If You Beg Loudly Enough...

...someone will take pity on you and bring you a bran muffin.
I am hungry all the time! My stomach is constantly calling for "more food! more food!" and it's scary. I don't want to blimp up like an orca, so I'm trying to watch my intake.
But it's not working too well.
Usually I don't have much of an appetite in the morning. But these days that is when I am the most ravenous. Around 9:00 my tummy starts growling and letting me know it would like to be filled. With anything.
As I was sitting at my desk this morning, trying to will the hunger pangs away, Jen and Suzy dropped by the office on their way to a parenting workshop being offered here at the church. I mentioned that I was already starving and they laughed at me and said, "We've both been there. Ha ha, you're going to get SO fat! Yay!" Actually they were much more supportive than that and offered consoltation, explaining that they were both eating machines while they were pregnant and I needn't geel bad about it.
Then they left.
A few moments later I saw Jen making her way down the hallway towards my office. And she had brought me a bran muffin.
I almost cried.
It was delicious.
And the hungry beast in me has been quelled for the next few minutes.
Thanks, Jen!

Amanda Brown at 9:41 AM

2comments

2 Comments

at 10:27 AM Blogger Kaili said...

Keep eating Mama, I find I eat WAY more in the morning than later on. Also I need to eat as soon as I get up. Another reason we put on weight during pregnancy is that your body stores that in certian areas of your body so that when you nurse your little angel, it will take from that and you'll have your hot bod' back in no time. Keep eatin' Mama! ....oh..now I'm hungry.....Can't wait for tonight.

 
at 12:23 PM Blogger Jen said...

Glad I could be of service! I even chose the bran muffin over the brownie square for you. :)

 

Post a Comment