Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Ballintime

I remember being an awkward and chubby preteen. I remember wondering if I would ever find a boy who would choose me over all of my pretty, skinny friends. I remember feeling alone at the Valentine's dance, as though I didn't belong.
Thankfully, I grew up and out of that physically awkward stage of life, but a part of me always wondered if I would ever find someone with whom I would truly connect, someone who would know every inch of my soul and love me despite my imperfections.
I was 18 when I fell in love with Steve Brown. He swept me off my feet under the Okanagan sun, and I haven't looked back since. We married young, and have had to make some sacrifices so we could be together, but I wouldn't trade him for anything. He makes my days richer, fuller, and happier.
He is the reason why I could get excited about having a little boy one day...the hope that our little son would turn out just like his daddy. With a soft heart, a strong spirit, and a love for others that puts me to shame. And our little boy would be darn cute, too, just like his dad!
Stevie, I love you.
Thanks for sticking by my side as we wander this big spinning sphere.
You're the greatest.

Love, Amanda

Amanda Brown at 2:05 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at 2:27 PM Blogger Jen said...

Steve was such a sweet little boy. Aw...

You guys are a wonderful couple. I'm glad you found each other.

 
at 3:56 PM Blogger Will said...

Please tell me he saved that sweater. Please!

 
at 7:20 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Love the pictures, Steve is a cute little boy!
I want to see your wedding album, all the photos up at your place are just beautiful!
Happy Valentines Day! Enjoy this one as it'll be the last time you won't need to call for a Babysitter if you and Steve want to get away.

 
at 7:20 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother used to have that sweater! Will, if you need a spare, you know how to reach me.

 
at 8:12 PM Blogger Angella said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE what cuteness comes from the 2 of you.
:)

 
at 10:09 PM Blogger Becky said...

Nice wedding picture! Can we see more?? I love old baby pictures... too cute.

 
at 11:03 PM Blogger Susie said...

Steve is a pretty amazing guy... i wonder why he chose you... LOL.... i am TOTALLY kidding. you two make such an amazing couple. i feel so blessed to be in your circle of friends. we wish you nothing but beautiful and happy moments together. ps: love that sweater

 

Post a Comment