Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Beef: The Cure All

It's amazing what a hot lunch and some good conversation with a friend can do for the soul. I showed up at Christy's for my break today with two beef dip au jus sandwiches in hand and together we partook of the beefy goodness. It was nice to just talk about what's going on in our lives...the conflicts, the joys, the fears, the annoyances, and the love.
Thanks for eating beef with me today, Christy.
The iron has lifted my spirits.
I really am feeling better and better as the day goes on.
Usually this blog of mine is carefree and full of me trying to hard to be funny, but thanks for continuing to read despite the somewhat somber tone of the past few days. Again, the support has been incredible and I feel all warm and gooshy inside from all the love vibes coming my way.
Anneliese says thanks, too!
On that note, Steve and I were paging through some name books last night and here are some of his favourite girls names:
Natalia
Clara
Hannah
Nadia
None of these grab me as much as Anneliese, but his choices aren't too bad. Go Stevie!
Any thoughts, oh opinionated masses?

Amanda Brown at 1:26 PM

11comments

11 Comments

at 1:41 PM Blogger Jen said...

One name Jordan and I were tossing around was Natalie. Natalia is pretty too. :)

 
at 1:55 PM Blogger Will said...

I tried to convince my mom to name my younger sister Penelope with no luck. I'll give you $5 (American) if you do it. Name my sister Penelope I mean.

 
at 1:56 PM Blogger Mama Bear said...

hmm...i think out of the 4 names you listed, i like Clara and Hannah the most.

 
at 2:20 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

I like Nadia- it's not really common but not really different either. I like it!

 
at 2:26 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like all of them but Hannah; there are just too many Hannahs out there these days (it's on all the Top 10 lists for last year).

Of the four, I'm most partial to Clara, but only because I'd love to name a baby that or Claire, if it weren't for the fact that Simon's last name kinda-sorta rhymes with it. Boo. But if I can't have Clara, maybe you should!

Not bad, Steve!

 
at 3:40 PM Blogger Angella said...

I think they're ALL pretty. We steer away from the "a" names due to "Dykstra". So, we wont have any name wars :)

 
at 4:17 PM Blogger Kaili said...

You should tell Steve that he can pick out one of those names for the middle name as long as you get your dream name as the first, then your both happy. :)

 
at 6:35 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you having a baby in the 1800's?

 
at 4:56 AM Blogger Dana Glover said...

I think Nadia is my favorite of those listed. My hubby and I worked out an arrangement for picking names of our children. 1st pregnancy I was to pick the first name for the boy and the middle name for the girl -- hubby picked middle name for the boy and first name for the girl. Second pregnancy I was to pick first name for the girl and middle name for the boy -- hubby picked middle name for the girl and first name for the boy. Worked out well -- no arguments and we both felt we won. Good luck! (BTW -- I had 2 boys, so I got to pick a first name and a middle name.)

 
at 8:30 AM Blogger April said...

We're probably going to pick Hannah if we have a girl. I think I'm having a boy though so do what you want. It's hard cause everyone has the name that you want. So, I just say screw it. You gotta like that name for the rest of your life, right? Everyone can be named Godfried, or whatever!

 
at 12:32 PM Blogger W2W said...

I like Natalia. It is the first time I have ever heard it & it just grab me.

Nadia is also nice. It makes me think of a very strong independent woman.

 

Post a Comment