Friday, February 24, 2006

Pomme de Terre

Last night I was the laziest buffoon ever. Steve had left for a band practice and I had noble intentions of cleaning up cleaning the kitchen, folding laundry, and dusting (I know, I know, how does one handle that much excitement?).
Like a good little girl I put away the dinner dishes and wiped the counters clean. Then I pulled out the two hampers full of clean laundry, that have been waiting ever so patiently to be folded, into the living room. A good idea, right? I'll watch Entertainment Tonight while folding the laundry.
Or, I'll watch Entertainment tonight period.
No laundry folding was done. And Entertainment Tonight stretched into Entertainment Tonight Canada which transitioned to Survivor. All of which I watched while laying on the couch like a rotten potato that hasn't moved for weeks and is beginning to grow those disgusting spiney sprouts.
It wasn't that I was even that interested in the TV shows...thanks to the Olympics being on our only other station I was limited to pretty meager pickings.
I just needed to do nothing for a night. And nothing I did!
After a while I felt ambitious and did the first few pages of my pregnancy scrapbook.
But still.
Not too much to show for an entire free evening.
Steve got home and asked, "So what did you do tonight?"
And I just looked at him, with my hair in a raggedy pony tail, my formerly baggy sweat pants clinging a little too tightly to my thighs, the untouched piles of laundry surrounding me, and cookie crumbs all over my shirt.
And he knew I had done nothing.
And that I had loved it.

Amanda Brown at 3:09 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 4:12 PM Blogger Jen said...

You only get to be pregnant a few times in your life- so "atta girl!" for milking it for all it's worth. ;)

 
at 5:12 PM Blogger Angella said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL evening

 
at 5:40 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Is it bad if even when I'm not prego I have those nights? :)
I feel like having one tonight, even though there are dishes everywhere, laundry staked up to be folded and stuff to be put away. We don't have cable so I shall read, maybe in the tub...yes, nice idea, that is my plan. My plan to be lazy! Thanks for the idea. And yes we shall catch up for tea another time. Let me know your schedule.

 
at 5:22 AM Blogger asdfasdfasdf said...

I think all of the previous posters are right. #1 You're pregnant (which is awesome) #2 We all have the nights even if we aren't pregnant. I bet it felt good to just do nothing.

 
at 10:17 AM Blogger Heather said...

You may be shocked at this Amanda but I currently have three piles of laundry piles and stuff spilling out from under my bed and a closet with no floor in sight. Yes that is right I have turned over a new lazy leaf... and It feels good! I may clean it today or maybe never as it is 10:30 am and I am still in my PJs and watching TV.

 

Post a Comment