Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Island Girl

The year after graduation I did a year of Bible school at Capernwray Harbour on Thetis Island, BC. It was a wonderful year filled with great friends and terrible food and island dementia. Each year the students hosted a youth retreat and the year I was there the theme was "Survivor". I was in one of the dramas and played the part of a crazy, whacked-out bush woman. An Amazon, if you will. For the final skit I was to charge the stage and throw the Master of Ceremonies (who happened to be Heather) over my shoulder and abduct her. All was going fine, until I actually picked Heather up and realized the lack of my own strength. I COULD NOT MOVE. I tried to walk off stage, but my feet were glued to the ground from the weight of my friend. I completely fell out of character and just started laughing uncontrollably, as did everyone in the audience. This photo captures that moment. It made me smile. And sadly, I am not wearing a wig.

Amanda Brown at 9:51 AM

3comments

3 Comments

at 2:13 PM Blogger Angella said...

Diggin' the hair. Mine had a similar look when I took the corn braids out after our honeymoon :)

 
at 2:56 PM Blogger Andy Wouda said...

AMANDA

I would love to talk about this food, Who was cooking that year!!!

 
at 3:00 PM Blogger Amanda Brown said...

Andy, I kid, I kid! The food was good (especially the lunches with the fresh bread!) but even you have to admit that there were more than a few questionable casserole nights (Goose Poop Pie, and the one that had leftover breakfast sausages and ripple potato chips in it). All in all it was good and I can blame you for the Freshman 15! :)

 

Post a Comment