Monday, February 27, 2006

The Daily Pleading

This is an excerpt from an email I sent Steve this morning:


"Hey there, Stevie! How are you doing today, toiling away at the mounds of paperwork? Hope you're doing OK and that you get lots done.
I felt the baby move today again! And I think the baby is very smart...she knows morse code! I felt her moving and it seemed to be in a rather interesting rhythm, and I sat and listened and decoded the morse code. And here is what she said:

"Mama! Mama! Can you please tell Dada something very important? I would like him to call me Anneliese. The name is so beautiful and it suits me so well and I know that Mama loves it so much and I love it too! Dada, can you find it in your heart to give me the name I deserve? I will love you forever. Love, Anneliese."

Just thought you'd like to know!

Love you, Stevie! See you soon.

The wifey."
To which he replied:
"Hi Amanda,

I think you should re-check your morse code dictionary. Two short kicks and one long one mean hate not like. If you replace this one word then our daughter is saying that she would hate it if I called her Annaleese. I can't even spell the word for crying out loud!!

We had better go over morse code together so that you know what she is actually saying.

Love your husband,

Steve"

Amanda Brown at 3:45 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 4:05 PM Blogger Jen said...

You guys crack me up!

 
at 4:43 PM Blogger Angella said...

Yep, you're both a couple of nuts!
Cool nuts, of course :)

 
at 5:47 PM Blogger Kaili said...

So funny!
I love that, Robin and I always make up what the Baby is doing or saying as well. So fun!
I didn't know you have felt the baby yet, woo hoo! That's awesome! Isn't it so sweet to feel? I have become an addit for it. I love feeling all the wiggles and kicks. The Baby kicked so hard yesterday morning when I was laying in bed that it made me jump!

 
at 6:18 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I just know you will find a name that you BOTH love!

 
at 9:30 PM Blogger Susie said...

That's so funny. You are so werid, Amanada. Something werider is that I still sometimes feel a baby kicking in my belly..... and no I am not pregnant. I think they're called phantom kicks, but I didn't know that they happen a year after the baby is born?!?!?!?!

 

Post a Comment